Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Now that we all have traveled all over on this O-ring question you can swing by a H.F. or parts supply Co. and pick up a multi-pack of various sizes of O-rings for a few $$ Then you probably have a lifetime supply of the correct one, and many other O-rings for other products.
Dang this thread got going great... To have drain plug or not to have a drain plug. Positively Shakespearen :LOL: 😋
My experience with vehicles with axle drain plugs is very limited most recent my JT other than it M35a2 2.5 and few 5 tons all running Rockwell axles with Bull gear. :giggle:

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I have been all over this sight and have never seen a statement on what fluid weight is being used and what brand/brands . Also do the front and rear take the same weight ? I worked as a parts guy at a ford and dodge dealership back in the 80's and the techs would also ask for a I think was a 2oz bottle of Anti-slip friction additive . Do these need any of that ?

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
So I have been all over this sight and have never seen a statement on what fluid weight is being used and what brand/brands . Also do the front and rear take the same weight ? I worked as a parts guy at a ford and dodge dealership back in the 80's and the techs would also ask for a I think was a 2oz bottle of Anti-slip friction additive . Do these need any of that ?
75w85 is what the Mopar oil is. I'm going to use Valvoline flex fills when I change mine in a few weeks, 75w90. If you tow a lot or or you use case is "severe", 75w140 is recommended, and if you have an LSD, then you'll need the additive. A lot of oils have the additive so probably do not have to purchase separately

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
So I have been all over this sight and have never seen a statement on what fluid weight is being used and what brand/brands . Also do the front and rear take the same weight ? ...
Information on the required oil for the front & rear differentials can be found in your Owner's Manual.

Here's the page from the 2021 Owner's Manual:
Jeep Gladiator Front Differential Service 1674417509502

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant