Sponsored

Dealer talked me out of JT. (For the time being)

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
I have three kids with 3 car seats across in the back of my JT as well. It works. Removed the under seat, non-locking storage separator to be able to slide the cooler, snacks, bag and folding porta-potty under there since the car seats keep the fold up seat bottoms from lifting. But as others have said, YMMV.
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Funny you should ask. Went back today and dealt with a different sales person. Got it and test drove by myself, which was nice, and went with the Sting Ray Gray Rubicon. Traded in my 18 Rubicon JLU.
Niiiice. As your kids grow older, you'll very much appreciate the bed for all of their gear. I have 5 and 10 year old boys and I honestly don't know how I did it before having my JT.

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
Glad you went back and got it. The back seat has ample space for you and you now have a bed to put a lot of stuff. I don’t know how I did it before with my old wranglers.
As for the dealer/salesman.....lesson learned. They are mostly asshats! I’m really surprised he talked you out of buying it! I suspect he is not the salesman of the month and will not prosper in his current profession. Lol. I have purchased more card than I care to remember. Mostly new ones (22 to date). I have seen many salesman in the process and have met 2 that know their shit. When I bought my gladiator the salesmen was a self professed Jeep “expert”. He even showed me all of his “badges” he earned for all his continued training. He was an idiot. He didn’t even know what a payload was among other things. The best part was sitting back and watching my wife (who is kind of a bulldog) educate him! He was so mad (and embarrassed I’m sure) he wouldn’t talk to us anymore. We walked away and the finance manager called us the next day. He was much more amicable. After our purchase was completed the “know it all” salesman threw the keys at us and walked away. I said “ what? No walk through of the Jeep? Maybe you should go back to Jeep school!” He had nothing to say. What a shame. My point is, do your own research and form your own opinion. The salesman is an unfortunate obstacle we have to hurdle to get what we want. Treat them the way they treat you and take their suggestions with a grain of salt. Enjoy your new ride!!!!

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
More room in the back seat of my JT than back seat of my Suburban. My 3 kids: 12, 8, 6 fit back there with ease. Salesman is a moron.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Identical. I sold my jlur. Bought a jtr. They are identical

Sponsored

Papa-KDog425

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Backseat gives me more leg room than my Tacoma. I had to put my seat forward in Tacoma with adults in backseat, not with my
gladiator

Gploversr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 2014 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Occupation
Network Architect / Manager
Went to a dealer looking at 2 different JT Rubicons they’ve had on their lot. I’m considering trading in my Rubicon JLU for the Rubicon JT. I told him I have 3 kids and he proceeded to tell me that the JT has a smaller back seat. Is this the case? The dimensions are pretty similar. 1 is still in a car seat and the other 2 aren’t. Their pretty comfortable in the JLU if the whole family is in it. Just thought it was a bit strange.

EDIT: Went back, dealt with a different salesperson and bought a Stingray Gray Rubicon. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase.
Congrats on the purchase!
Not sure why they would have talked you out of the original purchase plans. I brought the car seat with me to check on the roominess of the truck.
Good luck!

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Went to a dealer looking at 2 different JT Rubicons they’ve had on their lot. I’m considering trading in my Rubicon JLU for the Rubicon JT. I told him I have 3 kids and he proceeded to tell me that the JT has a smaller back seat. Is this the case? The dimensions are pretty similar. 1 is still in a car seat and the other 2 aren’t. Their pretty comfortable in the JLU if the whole family is in it. Just thought it was a bit strange.

EDIT: Went back, dealt with a different salesperson and bought a Stingray Gray Rubicon. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase.
I’m 6’ tall and can sit in the back with my 7 yr old (booster seat) and one of my 18 yr old kids. It was one of the things we tested in our test drive. Bought the JT overland and love it. Also hardly ever sit in the back seat - I love driving it!

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
plenty of room in my back seat for my 7 year old grand daughter car seat and my 17 year old 6 foot 5 inch stepson legs . just not enough room under the the rear seat for the 30 foot 1 1/4 kinetic rope , folding shovel , double ram jack , 2 gauge 20 foot jumper cables , Vair compressor and Traction tracks . i know it has the same doors as the JK
Sponsored