Dealership giving me the runaround

Chadp82

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
In mid-December, I went in for a rattle/clunk. They determined it was a shock and said it needed to be ordered. I also asked about the fender liner (splash shield) on the passenger side as it seemed a bit loose and rubbed a little at full turn. They said they would order that in too.

January comes and goes I hear nothing. I text the service agent and he says the splash shield was in but no shock. I start being more persistent in February and can’t get anyone to call me back. I reach out to keep wave and they finally call back and say both parts are in. I hear nothing from the dealership. I got ahold of an email and sent one to the service rep. He says shock is in, but no splash shield. I am getting fed up with the runaround. I have sent a message to Jeep Cares on the forum and they never responded.

anyone have any other ideas on who I can call? I tried the store manager at the dealership and have left messages and he won’t call me back. I have been professional on all calls, so no reason to not call me from what I see.

Jeep Gladiator Dealership giving me the runaround IMG_0651

IMG_0653.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg
Sponsored

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
Yeah I’d say that dealer sucks. Is there another dealer fairly close by?

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can not tell if you talked to the parts department directly if not that's what I would do B4 talking to anyone else .

swtrailboss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto tech
Find out who the district service manager is for your dealership and “try” to make contact with them! Usually once they are involved especially with all of your messages it’ll likely turn into them relentlessly trying to make contact with you to get your issues resolved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chadp82

Chadp82

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have left messages with the branch manager and he never called back.

so today took a positive turn, kind of. I called parts at 8am, asked if they could tell me price and availability on the fender liner. The guy said it’s $23.?!, and he shows one in stock but it says it assigned to a used vehicle repair. He pauses and says wait I can sell it, can you come get it today? I said no thanks.

I called Sales at 9am when they opened and asked to talk to a person in service. They sent me over. Once I gave him my name, he said “I was going to call you today, I got notice about 20 minutes ago your SHOCK was on our shipment that arrived.” He scheduled me a week out, I explained to him how embarrassing this is for jeep. I am certainly never going back to this dealership for service. After it is fixed and I pick it up, they will get an earful.

I get the impression the parts guy would have sold the fender liner assigned to me, but that’s speculation.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
In mid-December, I went in for a rattle/clunk. They determined it was a shock and said it needed to be ordered. I also asked about the fender liner (splash shield) on the passenger side as it seemed a bit loose and rubbed a little at full turn. They said they would order that in too.

January comes and goes I hear nothing. I text the service agent and he says the splash shield was in but no shock. I start being more persistent in February and can’t get anyone to call me back. I reach out to keep wave and they finally call back and say both parts are in. I hear nothing from the dealership. I got ahold of an email and sent one to the service rep. He says shock is in, but no splash shield. I am getting fed up with the runaround. I have sent a message to Jeep Cares on the forum and they never responded.

anyone have any other ideas on who I can call? I tried the store manager at the dealership and have left messages and he won’t call me back. I have been professional on all calls, so no reason to not call me from what I see.

Jeep Gladiator Dealership giving me the runaround IMG_0652

@JeepCares

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have left messages with the branch manager and he never called back.

so today took a positive turn, kind of. I called parts at 8am, asked if they could tell me price and availability on the fender liner. The guy said it’s $23.?!, and he shows one in stock but it says it assigned to a used vehicle repair. He pauses and says wait I can sell it, can you come get it today? I said no thanks.

I called Sales at 9am when they opened and asked to talk to a person in service. They sent me over. Once I gave him my name, he said “I was going to call you today, I got notice about 20 minutes ago your SHOCK was on our shipment that arrived.” He scheduled me a week out, I explained to him how embarrassing this is for jeep. I am certainly never going back to this dealership for service. After it is fixed and I pick it up, they will get an earful.

I get the impression the parts guy would have sold the fender liner assigned to me, but that’s speculation.
When you get the survey e-mail. Rip them on it. Because FCA reads them too.

Sponsored

bgott

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys, 2006 Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
retired
I had warranty problems and ripped the dealer on their survey. Got a call from the service writer about how that would affect his rating, heard nothing from the dealer. I ripped jeepcares on their survey and they gave me a Max care 7/120,000, $0 deductible extended service contract. Ain't mad at them about the problems any more.😊 The problems did end up fixed to my satisfaction.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
Definitely find a different dealer!!!

OP
OP
Chadp82

Chadp82

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So finally got the repair done.

the service tech had the audacity to say “you will be getting a survey, DONT fill it out, this is our report card and this was a disaster for us”.

I haven’t seen the survey but will be filling it out.
Sponsored