Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
So we've got this thread not getting locked, but the fun ones do? 🤷‍♂️ I've said it before, I'll say it again, when threads get to this point all I can think about is the scene from Big Trouble where a Gator fan calls in to the radio station. People are talking but not a lot is getting across.

Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky 1640265169787

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So we've got this thread not getting locked, but the fun ones do? 🤷‍♂️ I've said it before, I'll say it again, when threads get to this point all I can think about is the scene from Big Trouble where a Gator fan calls in to the radio station. People are talking but not a lot is getting across.

Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky 1640265169787
That's a great one. You said Gators fans don't have the guts to call in............. I'm calling you now. His very call was disputing the radio host's contention - even without saying a word.

I post two images, one that says right on it "MSRP",
the other at the bottom is a total number that DOES include the destination charge.

So -

* If bottom number is MSRP, then MSRP DOES include destination charge

* If the top number is MSRP, then MSRP does not include destination charge.
(and it means MSRP is not the total of the base truck + options)

The top number says MSRP right above it.
The bottom number does not say MSRP anywhere near it.
Why does the top number say MSRP if it is not MSRP?

Either way, someone is wrong.
I'm saying - which is it, eh?

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
Hi. OP here.

First, I ordered the first one intending to buy.

Second, I didn't order the second one until I heard about the 5% under. If you think I'm entitled for wanting a better deal, well I don't think you know what that word means. Everyone on here wants the best deal, and many talk about reselling Jeeps they just bought to make a profit. I don't think wanting a good deal is a bad thing. And if you do, well let me sell you this leaky Jeep I own.

OP saw Nacho truck listed online for the past 6 months, so I asked them to cut me a deal because it wasn't selling. I offered to finance through them if they'd go a little under invoice. They gave me a price between MSRP and invoice. I passed. I hit them up again and they eventually said Invoice, I still passed because I wanted a better deal (there I am being entitled again).

I spoke to them again three weeks later and asked if their local incentives could apply to me. They said no, it's based on where you're located (I actually asked that question here as well). The day after said question, the price changed online. I've attached that price.

Now this dealer gave me quotes in the past, and I've attached one which shows the cost, and my price after the discount. As you can clearly see.... there is no destination fee... because as we know, it's in the MSRP price, the top line.

When I inquired about the 43k price, I said lets do it, I'm game. I'll fly out, I'll give you 10k down and I'll finance through you. My entitled ass then offered to make the price 43,500 as a curtesy for holding it a few days (i asked about making a deposit and they said no. You might think it's entitling of me to WANT the vehicle I'm flying down for to still be there, but I'd disagree.

They then gave me the new quote, which I attached. Do you see the new line that wasn't there before? Destination fee? Do you see how they wanted to charge me the 500 i offered PLUS the destination fee?

It's almost like what I said at the beginning was true. It was a fake online sale. They went from including the destination fee to removing it and tacking it on underneath.

IDK, sounds sneaky to me.

And please get over the two jeeps ordered. The dealers will make way more money selling it based on market.

Oh, I'm not screaming and I never pitted these dealers against each other. I was going to to tell the other two I changed my mind and they will say "Okay cool, let me sell it for MSRP now and make more money".

I'm not sure why you sound so angry that I'm calling out a bad deal. I didn't even say their name.. and... it's a forum.. people talk.
It's not a stretch to call ordering multiple vehicles you don't intend to buy sneaky. Rationalize all you like, but it's pretty amusing to see someone who pulls that move complaining about dealership pricing. I'd say you and your dealership deserve each other.

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. OP here.

First, I ordered the first one intending to buy.

Second, I didn't order the second one until I heard about the 5% under. If you think I'm entitled for wanting a better deal, well I don't think you know what that word means. Everyone on here wants the best deal, and many talk about reselling Jeeps they just bought to make a profit. I don't think wanting a good deal is a bad thing. And if you do, well let me sell you this leaky Jeep I own.

OP saw Nacho truck listed online for the past 6 months, so I asked them to cut me a deal because it wasn't selling. I offered to finance through them if they'd go a little under invoice. They gave me a price between MSRP and invoice. I passed. I hit them up again and they eventually said Invoice, I still passed because I wanted a better deal (there I am being entitled again).

I spoke to them again three weeks later and asked if their local incentives could apply to me. They said no, it's based on where you're located (I actually asked that question here as well). The day after said question, the price changed online. I've attached that price.

Now this dealer gave me quotes in the past, and I've attached one which shows the cost, and my price after the discount. As you can clearly see.... there is no destination fee... because as we know, it's in the MSRP price, the top line.

When I inquired about the 43k price, I said lets do it, I'm game. I'll fly out, I'll give you 10k down and I'll finance through you. My entitled ass then offered to make the price 43,500 as a curtesy for holding it a few days (i asked about making a deposit and they said no. You might think it's entitling of me to WANT the vehicle I'm flying down for to still be there, but I'd disagree.

They then gave me the new quote, which I attached. Do you see the new line that wasn't there before? Destination fee? Do you see how they wanted to charge me the 500 i offered PLUS the destination fee?

It's almost like what I said at the beginning was true. It was a fake online sale. They went from including the destination fee to removing it and tacking it on underneath.

IDK, sounds sneaky to me.

And please get over the two jeeps ordered. The dealers will make way more money selling it based on market.

Oh, I'm not screaming and I never pitted these dealers against each other. I was going to to tell the other two I changed my mind and they will say "Okay cool, let me sell it for MSRP now and make more money".

I'm not sure why you sound so angry that I'm calling out a bad deal. I didn't even say their name.. and... it's a forum.. people talk.
The destination charge is NOT included in the MSRP (sticker price) of a vehicle. Good job working them down and getting a deal. But it seems to me you were just a better buyer than they were a seller. Hats off to ya!!

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
This is why when asking for a price you always ask for the price “on the road”. I always negotiate over the phone. A lot of dealers will do this and I do not deal with dealerships that won’t. What I have found is that the dealerships that won’t negotiate over the phone are shady.

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I saw the sticker, and that's why I knew they were pretending to give an awesome discount. Invoice was 44600 (sticker 46400-ish). They had it online for 43k AFTER discounts (before rebates). But then they re-added the destination charge on my quote, which I've received quotes from them before and they never had a separate destination fee line, bringing it back to 44,600. It was a fake sale to get people in (their words) when it was the same price all along. Before this "sale" it was on their site for MSRP, which includes destination.

As far as the two jeeps. I live in Mass. There's no deals. I got one at invoice here and then I heard about 5% under in PA so I ordered there.
Do you actually think they care if I change my mind and they sell them for more at MSRP? I don't. PA didn't even want a deposit, I think they prefer that you change your mind. They'll definitely sell. I built very nice trucks.
I live in MA as well. I bought my Willys at Kelly Jeep in Lynnfield in May and got $4200 off with no shady business. For a dealership, they were straightforward and upfront. Might want to give them a call.

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
You must be pretty entitled to read a post about a dealership and think that they must be the good honest character in the story.

Dealerships in MA are at the minimum right now selling at sticker price. Others are adding anywhere from $1,500-$5,000 above sticker. And the ones I spoke with don’t bargain. No discount off sticker, no discount off the ADMU. They shrug their shoulders and walk away.

Both dealers told me when ordering that they didn't care if I cancelled. The one in Mass wanted me to so his commission would be higher.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Every window sticker I’ve seen has the destination charge included in the price. Looks like the dealer was trying to double dip on it to me.

2963BFC0-C1A8-4F04-A8A1-4A26C035F4C1.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Every window sticker I’ve seen has the destination charge included in the price. Looks like the dealer was trying to double dip on it to me.

2963BFC0-C1A8-4F04-A8A1-4A26C035F4C1.jpeg
Yes, it DOES. It's in the TOTAL PRICE. Ford calls it the MSRP! I have a collection of window stickers and those sites that claim the destination charge is not part of the MSRP are either full of it or using limited information, or not doing real math, or whatever.
Here's my proof, a Ford Ranger WINDOW STICKER I scanned in so I could point out the numbers.
They start with "Standard Vehicle Price" then list all of the options and show total vehicle & options price, then Destination & Delivery charge
and then what does it say at the bottom?
Total MSRP
And what does the TOTAL MSRP include? Destination........... pretty easy math as 19,400 + 720 is indeed 20,120.

Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky dads truck.window sticker

I have already proven in other posts with REAL examples from Jeep - 2020 and 2021 total price includes destination charges.

So I'm not sure where these sites that say "MSRP never includes destination charges" get their information, but I have proof it can and does at least with Ford.
TOTAL MSRP says it pretty clearly, IMO

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Check what "Total MSRP" includes in a 2021 window sticker..........

Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky F150-window-sticker

dpcv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
My dealer gave us the FCA Affiliate price with no problems.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 392XR on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't think wanting a good deal is a bad thing.
Where did anyone say that?

You're being corrected for calling a dealer sneaky whilst being sneaky yourself.

...unless I misunderstood and you were actually complimenting said dealer...

Even the order guide doesn't include the destination charge in the FWP or MSRP. This is why we use OTD (Out-the-Door) price.

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 392XR on order
Occupation
Software Engineer
Check what "Total MSRP" includes in a 2021 window sticker..........

Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky F150-window-sticker
That's a funny way of spelling "Jeep"

Looks like Ford stickers suffer the same quality issues as their vehicles. :D

A Jeep sticker--nowhere will you find the conflation of "Total" and "MSRP" :
Jeep Gladiator Dealerships can be so sneaky 1640715105857
Sponsored