Delay ordering for GATOR??????

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
JTR Gator Clear ordered!!! As mentioned previously, I had to order dual top (+$595), painted top is not available yet in Gator and FCA was requiring that i ordered from the selections of tonneau covers (soft roll up (+$450) soft folding (+$550) and hard folding top (+$995) to complete the order...i went with the soft roll up..So, for obligated $1000 more we were able to lock in the order. Now, just waiting for it to process and get my VIN. I dont care how long it takes from this point to get it now that i dont have to wait to order!!!
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
JTR Gator Clear ordered!!! As mentioned previously, I had to order dual top (+$595), painted top is not available yet in Gator and FCA was requiring that i ordered from the selections of tonneau covers (soft roll up (+$450) soft folding (+$550) and hard folding top (+$995) to complete the order...i went with the soft roll up..So, for obligated $1000 more we were able to lock in the order. Now, just waiting for it to process and get my VIN. I dont care how long it takes from this point to get it now that i dont have to wait to order!!!
YEEAAAHHHH!!!! Congrats!

Can't wait for the body colored hard top to build my GladiGator!! Must have watched a dozen youtube videos on the the Wayout to study the color. Definitely in.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YEEAAAHHHH!!!! Congrats!

Can't wait for the body colored hard top to build my GladiGator!! Must have watched a dozen youtube videos on the the Wayout to study the color. Definitely in.
Ive been informed that if you get a soft top your are required by default to select a tonneau cover so it can be stored. Kinda goofy if you ask me, but im sure someone will benefit from it. I have the perfect place in the attic for the stuff.

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
I'm so jealous! Still trying to hold out for painted hardtop, hopefully by mid October it will be green-lit. That would give me about 10 weeks to get it built before the end of the year hits.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ive been informed that if you get a soft top your are required by default to select a tonneau cover so it can be stored. Kinda goofy if you ask me, but im sure someone will benefit from it. I have the perfect place in the attic for the stuff.
Tons of folks in the Member Sales Forum buying/sailing the OEM tonneau cover. You’ll be able to get your money back. I am definitely going aftermarket. I have been watching videos on the ones that retract. I like the option of having a lockable tonneau and being able to mount a set of Yakima or Thule crossbars above and perpendicular to the bed for additional hauling capacity. I have paddle boards and kayaks that are much longer than the bed length. Plus I want to put the bikes on the hitch rack, so the others need to be high enough to clear the bikes.

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tons of folks in the Member Sales Forum buying/sailing the OEM tonneau cover. You’ll be able to get your money back. I am definitely going aftermarket. I have been watching videos on the ones that retract. I like the option of having a lockable tonneau and being able to mount a set of Yakima or Thule crossbars above and perpendicular to the bed for additional hauling capacity. I have paddle boards and kayaks that are much longer than the bed length. Plus I want to put the bikes on the hitch rack, so the others need to be high enough to clear the bikes.
You have the right idea. I have been considering the Yakima Overhaul HD for the same reasons and adjustability/function. They also work with retrax sliding bed cover which would be awesome! That cover should be available soon!

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You have the right idea. I have been considering the Yakima Overhaul HD for the same reasons and adjustability/function. They also work with retrax sliding bed cover which would be awesome! That cover should be available soon!
I like the RetraxPRO for sure. I also found the Truck Cover USA retractable too. The container it fits in is only 6.5 x 6.5 inches. I worry about losing too much bed volume. There site shows the crossbars, but I haven’t received a clear answer yet on how it works.

Anyone know? Are the t-channels an Add-on or how does it work?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I have a couple of threads in the rack section discussing this. Ideally would like to put short whitewater kayaks on a bed rack below the roof line, bikes on my Kuat receiver rack and still have a usable/lockable tonneau cover. Definitely a challenge to get it all, especially with limited availability right now (i.e. ReTrax not available on Gladiator). Think I have a solution...just waiting on my Gladiator next week to start the mods.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/bed-rack-storage-for-kayaks.14148/
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...t-that-works-with-rollup-tonneau-cover.19717/

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
I like the RetraxPRO for sure. I also found the Truck Cover USA retractable too. The container it fits in is only 6.5 x 6.5 inches. I worry about losing too much bed volume. There site shows the crossbars, but I haven’t received a clear answer yet on how it works.

Anyone know? Are the t-channels an Add-on or how does it work?
I was told by Retrax that they will not be making a cover for the Gladiator due to the protrusion of the fuel filler neck and the closed rails preventing the use of C-clamps to fasten the cover to the bed.

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
JTR Gator ordered VON# 44589518- Had to go with dual top and bed cover. Did the mopar hard bed cover. You can also add the mopar Satin grill cover.

I held off on the LE and I’m glad I did. Getting a pretty loaded rubicon with all the options I want and none of the ones I didn’t. Dealer even allowing me to do a $200 refundable deposit in the case that Gator color turns out bad.

Good local -River Oaks dealer got me 4% below invoice. If it’s anything like the wayout, I’m going to love it! I plan to paint the hard top tan and do a few other wayout touches. 2” mopar lift (trying to find out if I install, it’s still under warranty) 35” tires- not sure which wheels yet.

Sponsored

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
JTR Gator ordered VON# 44589518- Had to go with dual top and bed cover. Did the mopar hard bed cover. You can also add the mopar Satin grill cover.

I held off on the LE and I’m glad I did. Getting a pretty loaded rubicon with all the options I want and none of the ones I didn’t. Dealer even allowing me to do a $200 refundable deposit in the case that Gator color turns out bad.

Good local -River Oaks dealer got me 4% below invoice. If it’s anything like the wayout, I’m going to love it! I plan to paint the hard top tan and do a few other wayout touches. 2” mopar lift (trying to find out if I install, it’s still under warranty) 35” tires- not sure which wheels yet.
Congrats! So, I will not want the black hardtop either, but hadn't considered painting it. Do you think it will hold paint ok just like the primed version? I guess the only real difference might be the rough texture.

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
Congrats! So, I will not want the black hardtop either, but hadn't considered painting it. Do you think it will hold paint ok just like the primed version? I guess the only real difference might be the rough texture.
Regarding the Tonneau cover...With black bumpers, black fender wells, and a few other black pieces, I think it looks sharp enough. It will definitely serve its purpose with my family of 5, and I prefer to stick with everything mopar I can, due to lessons learned with aftermarket parts over the years.

For the hard top...If you look at the wayout edition it looks kind of like a rough texture that’s been painted. I don’t see why it couldn’t be prepped for paint. I worked in a fab/ paint shop a long time ago and those guys could paint anything! If it can’t be painted there’s always the option to sell it. These hard tops hold their value.

EF296237-A129-4C8F-ACB0-9ACBDF687CA2.jpeg

alwyslpy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I'm so jealous! Still trying to hold out for painted hardtop, hopefully by mid October it will be green-lit. That would give me about 10 weeks to get it built before the end of the year hits.
I have just seen in other threads that Gator painted top is available for order a
As of today.

ntl158

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Rubicon JT
On another thread they are saying Gator body colored top is now available. It may be worth checking on if you originally wanted the body color top. Good luck!
Sponsored