First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
I have a 2020 jeep gladiator overland with Uconnect. I was suddeI have a 2020 jeep gladiator overland with Uconnect. Device not supported has started to pop up on my display. I have taken the cable of f of the battery. I have reset everything I know to reset and steal the message comes up. Can anybody help
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 jeep gladiator overland with Uconnect. I was suddeI have a 2020 jeep gladiator overland with Uconnect. Device not supported has started to pop up on my display. I have taken the cable of f of the battery. I have reset everything I know to reset and steal the message comes up. Can anybody help
I had the same problem with my Samsung phone when I got my truck last summer. It was fixed by swapping the USB cable. That cable lasted six months before the problem returned. I then replaced it with a brand new cable, and it has been good since then.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07G14FG7S/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_Dkm0Eb3Y64YDH

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Is pulling the battery cable the same effect as just pulling fuse F11? I would think so, but maybe not. I have seen this message too and usually pulling the F11 (USB) fuse solves the issue.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have run into the same thing with my Samsung S10+ phone and it is the USB cables. For whatever reason, there is a sensitivity of the type of USB-C cable used that does not last for connection with the radio unit and a replacement has to be bought ever so often. Irony is the the suspect cables will work fine in any other application.

OP
OP

dcraton

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
I pulled the F11 fuse as you stated and the problem ended. However, I had forgotten the Iphone holder and charger, I had plugged into the usb port. I reinstalled the F11 fuse and the device not supported came back on. Then, I inserted my Iphone back i the phone support/charger and the message went away. I have had the jeep 2 months and this just started? Thanks for everyone helping!! BTW I have been a FORD person all of my 67 years. Ranger had a four cyl engine and my jeep a six. I can haul my RV and I cannot even feel it behind me. THANKS JEEP!!

Sponsored

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I pulled the F11 fuse as you stated and the problem ended. However, I had forgotten the Iphone holder and charger, I had plugged into the usb port. I reinstalled the F11 fuse and the device not supported came back on. Then, I inserted my Iphone back i the phone support/charger and the message went away. I have had the jeep 2 months and this just started? Thanks for everyone helping!! BTW I have been a FORD person all of my 67 years. Ranger had a four cyl engine and my jeep a six. I can haul my RV and I cannot even feel it behind me. THANKS JEEP!!
Is the "device not supported" message on the UConnect head unit or the iPhone. If the message is on the iPhone, the majority of times it's a third party lightning cable to blame like other posters have said.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Hi all.......suddenly getting the "Device Not Supported" message.
Overland / Uconnect / Samsung S8
Started a few weeks ago, would unplug and replug and be fine.........
but as of yesterday, message wont stop coming on and I can tell the phone is not charging as the Battery % goes down if i just ignore message.
So is it a fuse problem / or a cable problem for the fix?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.......suddenly getting the "Device Not Supported" message.
Overland / Uconnect / Samsung S8
Started a few weeks ago, would unplug and replug and be fine.........
but as of yesterday, message wont stop coming on and I can tell the phone is not charging as the Battery % goes down if i just ignore message.
So is it a fuse problem / or a cable problem for the fix?
Replace the USB cable. See the link I posted at the beginning of the thread. That cable is working very well with my Galaxy 8.

rthomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee 2019
I fixed the problem by power cycling the Uconnect Radio Unit. To power cycle the radio unit, all you have to do is take out the radio unit’s fuse and put it back in.

Details
- Open up the hood
- Find the fuse box shown below
Jeep Gladiator device not supported 1639001604770

- Pull out the white fuse-puller-outer right above 25B in the picture below
- Pull out fuse 80 and push it back in
Jeep Gladiator device not supported 1639001395838

Jeep Gladiator device not supported 1639001823364

Info about the fuse box was found here. Fuse box info.com saved my butt.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't a fuse fix issue, it's not a system issue - he had an iphone charger installed.
I found most of the issues I had with my phone disappeared when I used a very high end cable and plug into the same port each time. USB is sort of goofy at times, and since there's a heck of a lot that gets transmitted on these things, a cable that works for music or other stuff elsewhere may not hack it when used in these. Not all USB cables can handle the same bandwidth.
Not sure why folks jumped on the "pull the fuse" or "pull the battery cable" bandwagon.
The issue is with a device that IS plugged in and likely a cable issue.

Sponsored

rthomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee 2019
This isn't a fuse fix issue, it's not a system issue - he had an iphone charger installed.
I found most of the issues I had with my phone disappeared when I used a very high end cable and plug into the same port each time. USB is sort of goofy at times, and since there's a heck of a lot that gets transmitted on these things, a cable that works for music or other stuff elsewhere may not hack it when used in these. Not all USB cables can handle the same bandwidth.
Not sure why folks jumped on the "pull the fuse" or "pull the battery cable" bandwagon.
The issue is with a device that IS plugged in and likely a cable issue.
I had the same issue as of yesterday (and many random days before that) with good cables and this fixed it. Don’t downplay a proven working solution for those who have good cables. Consider sending a few more questions my way to ensure that this is the same problem for the sake of constructiveness.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My wife's older Pixel 2 displays "Device not supported," but my newer phone works.

ewc23

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I fixed the problem by power cycling the Uconnect Radio Unit. To power cycle the radio unit, all you have to do is take out the radio unit’s fuse and put it back in.

Details
- Open up the hood
- Find the fuse box shown below

- Pull out the white fuse-puller-outer right above 25B in the picture below
- Pull out fuse 80 and push it back in

Info about the fuse box was found here. Fuse box info.com saved my butt.
This is my issue. I'm convinced because I'm getting the error now even with nothing plugged in. Which fuse or fuses shouldI pull for 2020 Jeep Gladiator? I looked at fuse map and I'm lost not my expertise..thanks

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
This is my issue. I'm convinced because I'm getting the error now even with nothing plugged in. Which fuse or fuses shouldI pull for 2020 Jeep Gladiator? I looked at fuse map and I'm lost not my expertise..thanks
I have a 2020 built in 2019 and I pulled F11.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Replace the usb cable. Throw out the 99cent amazon/gas station cable. Had this issue. Cheap cable. Replaced and solved.
Sponsored