DiamondBack Covers | General Thread

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
To me the quantity of cleats on the HD was a choice for potential function, but I have turned out to like how they look, in a 'meant to do things' sort of way with the overall themes I have chosen to go with on my JT. And they've turned out to be useful to do things with. I am not trying to say that this is one size fits all, to each their own

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread TL JT Sept 2021
Sponsored

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just an update on my new DiamondBack. It's been great so far. I'm glad I bought it. It definitely makes my JT stand out as I have noticed people staring at my ride more than usual. I'm hoping to have my Front Runner rack installed later this week. I've had the opportunity to exchange a few emails and a phone call with DB support and I have to say they have been great.

Simplejack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
On my 2nd DB cover. 1st was HD now I'm using SE. Installed front runner tracks today. Had the previous cover for 3 yrs and never a water leak. (That was on f150) I will say I used plumbers putty under the rails, instead of silicone like instructions say not sure if that's the diffrence or not. I highly recommend em, no complaints, my .02c

20211003_223525.jpg

20211003_223544.jpg

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
On my 2nd DB cover. 1st was HD now I'm using SE. Installed front runner tracks today. Had the previous cover for 3 yrs and never a water leak. (That was on f150) I will say I used plumbers putty under the rails, instead of silicone like instructions say not sure if that's the diffrence or not. I highly recommend em, no complaints, my .02c

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 51521291133_7a27987173_c-

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 51521291133_7a27987173_c-
Man i wish I had your garage space...That's an awesome setup!

Sponsored

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Love my HD!.... It's stealthy in the big city. I can pack it with stuff and when closed up it's like nothings there. I think it helps that I intentionally kept my Mojave low profile, somehow it blends in with most people but gets attention from those in the know. My only issue has been occasionally finding a clamp in the bed and having to reattach it.

e798ae55-a52b-44c6-adf4-f8076e4f4e98.jpg

bd19a9c9-f749-4cdf-a185-69280f2beb20.jpg

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread bd19a9c9-f749-4cdf-a185-69280f2beb20

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread bd19a9c9-f749-4cdf-a185-69280f2beb20
Nice setup. Just curious how far you spaced the tracks from the edges?

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking about possibly purchasing the Diamondback ToolBar Accessory but also looking at alternatives. It seems like it's just an aluminum T-Track and some well nuts.

Anyone have any experience with a DIY solution they can share?

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I'm thinking about possibly purchasing the Diamondback ToolBar Accessory but also looking at alternatives. It seems like it's just an aluminum T-Track and some well nuts.

Anyone have any experience with a DIY solution they can share?
I'm right there with ya. I want to mount a couple things and was wondering if the track is needed at all. I ordered the Quick Fist mounts and when my "things" arrive next week I'm going to see if I cant just attach the mounts directly to the support beam. I have no intent to move things around once they are mounted.

The only benefit I see to the track is repositioning and it maybe adds some extra clearance for "things" so they don't hit the pistons???

Sponsored

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm right there with ya. I want to mount a couple things and was wondering if the track is needed at all. I ordered the Quick Fist mounts and when my "things" arrive next week I'm going to see if I cant just attach the mounts directly to the support beam. I have no intent to move things around once they are mounted.

The only benefit I see to the track is repositioning and it maybe adds some extra clearance for "things" so they don't hit the pistons???
Thanks for the response. You've actually reinforced some of the thoughts I had. The Toolbar gives you some mounting options laterally but that's about it for $120. If you don't mind, please post your mounted quick fists when you're done. I'd sure like to see that.

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SE here as well. I went with the rhino rack hd track and bars. I got some angle iron from Lowes and made various mounts.
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 20201224_083304

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread 20201224_083304
Thanks for posting this. That's a pretty cool setup with the Rhinoracks. That's the first time I've seen that particular configuration. It looks really strong.

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I’m wanting a SE for my build and I’m pretty positive it can use it w my Xtrusion overland rack and still open the cover, which would be great. The big hang up is the cost. I’m not sure I can justify it to myself. One question though, does anyone know how much the struts can lift? For example, if I had a cooler strapped down on a lid would it lift it?