DiamondBack Covers | General Thread

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I paired my diamondback with an Xtrusion Overland bed rack. I can open the diamondback with the rack on. As you can see, my mid height rack limits how high the cover opens. A cab height rack would be better, I think. I don’t have the rack all the way set up but this should give an idea of how it works in case anyone wants a similar setup.

30A923CB-BFC9-45E1-BE3E-85479AC88D14.jpeg
A83DD663-EC4E-4333-9424-FB40865B30A2.jpeg
8D5C4E35-3E96-484A-B389-F614979AAC59.jpeg
74D91489-EB26-4742-A097-6137C98D4F85.jpeg
A1F7E7DF-D8DE-4AB1-B831-F1B19A2ED5A2.jpeg
Sponsored

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I paired my diamondback with an Xtrusion Overland bed rack. I can open the diamondback with the rack on. As you can see, my mid height rack limits how high the cover opens. A cab height rack would be better, I think. I don’t have the rack all the way set up but this should give an idea of how it works in case anyone wants a similar setup.
What height is yours, I have the 15" extrusion overland ordered to use with my Diamondback. How is the seal around the extrusion brackets?

Lee

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I have the 15” rack height also. The back section opens more than wide enough to easily access the bed. The front is limited. The seal is ok around the brackets. It’s a little finicky to get just right but does seal up mostly.

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
What's the difference between the rails and no rails version? Is it just the Cap Clamps or is the lock bar different too?
I believe it's the type of clamps you get with your cover. I have the no rails version and it seems to work well.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the 15” rack height also. The back section opens more than wide enough to easily access the bed. The front is limited. The seal is ok around the brackets. It’s a little finicky to get just right but does seal up mostly.
Can you measure the clearance from the top of the diamondback to the bottom of the top bar? I am thinking of storing a Roam Case on top of the diamondback. I think they are 11 1/2" tall

Thanks,

Lee

Sponsored

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
Can you measure the clearance from the top of the diamondback to the bottom of the top bar? I am thinking of storing a Roam Case on top of the diamondback. I think they are 11 1/2" tall

Thanks,

Lee

I don’t have the rack on the truck right now but I did measure as I want to do the same thing w a foam case. If I remember correctly there is 13” of clearance from the deck of the cover to the bottom of the rack. That doesn’t count the latch handles for the cover though. The 95 liter would probably work but will be pretty snug. The 83 will go no problem.

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I don’t have the rack on the truck right now but I did measure as I want to do the same thing w a foam case. If I remember correctly there is 13” of clearance from the deck of the cover to the bottom of the rack. That doesn’t count the latch handles for the cover though. The 95 liter would probably work but will be pretty snug. The 83 will go no problem.
Thank you, I appreciate the info

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

Thanks,

Lee
Extra weight might defeat the struts. The ones that come with it are just strong enough for the lid.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread A1F7E7DF-D8DE-4AB1-B831-F1B19A2ED5A2
Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread A1F7E7DF-D8DE-4AB1-B831-F1B19A2ED5A2

I plan on getting the diamondback eventually and have nearly hung up the idea of a rack since most arent compatable. But that is nice. Not crazy about it not allowing the cover to completely open, but looks good nonetheless. Do they make a cab height version of that? Ive never even heard of that brand.

Sponsored

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
I plan on getting the diamondback eventually and have nearly hung up the idea of a rack since most arent compatable. But that is nice. Not crazy about it not allowing the cover to completely open, but looks good nonetheless. Do they make a cab height version of that? Ive never even heard of that brand.
Yes. They make a cab height version. Mines not far from opening all the way so I expect a cab height rack would allow the cover to open as designed.

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If I decide on a bed rack, it will likely be this one. Sarge, was any of this custom ordered? Can you provide the exact order tomorrow you placed please?
As a note, it seems one could order most variations/brands if you had a similar base footprint extending out from the bed rails. Do any other companies offer this?

OP
OP
DiamondBack Covers

DiamondBack Covers

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diamondbackcovers.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Heavy Duty Tonneau Covers
COVERS WILL COST MORE IN 2022.

We value, and are incredibly grateful for, our JGF Family – which is why we wanted to come and give this much-deserved notice.

Our company exists today because the status quo - cheap and flimsy - just didn’t cut it. Like the very first one, every DiamondBack is built by American welders, using the best available parts from American suppliers. Instead of cheap overseas labor, our business provides stable careers
to a small-town community, and a finished product you can rely on when things start to go sideways.

A global supply chain crunch and increases in labor and material costs have left businesses scrambling to adjust. Many are cutting corners and offering inferior services or products. We aren’t willing to make those compromises. We’ve analyzed and optimized our production process to keep
costs down, but we’ve been forced to make the difficult decision to raise our prices in 2022.

If you have been on the fence, or have your build all laid out and just haven't pulled the trigger yet, now may be a good time. You may even want to look into our buy now, pay later program with Affirm. Utilizing this would lock in your cover at 2021 prices while splitting up the payment over time.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 10.44.13 AM

Just like you, we’ve got big things planned. We’re honored by the trust that our customers place in DiamondBack. It drives us to make every cover better than the last, each built to provide peace of mind for a lifetime.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread _CEM7733 copy 2

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
If I decide on a bed rack, it will likely be this one. Sarge, was any of this custom ordered? Can you provide the exact order tomorrow you placed please?
As a note, it seems one could order most variations/brands if you had a similar base footprint extending out from the bed rails. Do any other companies offer this?
The rack isn’t a custom order. Go to their website and click on Jeep Gladiator and. You will see the rack options. Make sure you pick “wide wing brackets”. That’s what make that works. After that it’s just a matter of picking what height you want. The whole rack is modular and a really slick system.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Keep an eye on their outlet. Most of the Factory Second's are just cosmetic .
Sponsored