Sponsored

DiamondBack Covers | General Thread

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Removing these rail caps is horror, how did you go about doing it?

Surely there is a better way else I'm 100% going to have to buy replacements b/c I'm going to have to rip it off with brute force.
I snapped clips when I tried to be gentle, I used nylon pry tools, etc. snapping clips can’t be avoided.

The second time I just bought new rail caps and tore those shits off like I was starting a mower.
Sponsored

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I snapped clips when I tried to be gentle, I used nylon pry tools, etc. snapping clips can’t be avoided.

The second time I just bought new rail caps and tore those shits off like I was starting a mower.
I’m thinking I’m going to have to go in with brute force and replace the rail caps regardless 😂

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Patience and a butter knife. Once you get the process down and figure out how to do it on one side, the other side goes pretty easy. But I did snap off a few clips along the way, no way around that I think.
That's exactly how my installation went. Just go slow and don't rush it. I also bent one clip while doing it. There's also these white caps at the end towards the cab. I just broke those off.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Got to try out the DB bed light. It uses 3M tape to attach to the cover and are a nice solution for a truck that doesn’t have bed lights.

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread CF18EE91-F251-4FA2-8F4D-86C7E8008C63

Jeep Gladiator DiamondBack Covers | General Thread CF18EE91-F251-4FA2-8F4D-86C7E8008C63
Glad you posted this. Although I don't have my DB yet, I've barely seen any reviews on these and although I have bed lights, I was contemplating maybe purchasing that light as well, maybe even (2) of them for both sides of the cover. Plus the price doesn't seem too bad either.

Sponsored

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else have a challenge when it comes to keeping water out of the bed?

I swapped the bed rails and did the shim kit a couple weeks ago, but I still get a good amount of water pouring in where the cross piece is.

I’ve even tried laying down some additional door/window seal strips, but it still gets in under even light rain.

I’d really like to be able to just keep a military blanket back there, but if it just soaks up rainwater it’ll get moldy.

Anyone else have tips?

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I swapped the bed rails and did the shim kit a couple weeks ago, but I still get a good amount of water pouring in where the cross piece is.

I’ve even tried laying down some additional door/window seal strips, but it still gets in under even light rain.

I’d really like to be able to just keep a military blanket back there, but if it just soaks up rainwater it’ll get moldy.

Anyone else have tips?
When I first installed it, I did have a little leaking in the cross piece area and the tailgate area but I was able to mitigate most of it.

I used the ESI Tailgate Seal kit to seal off the tailgate. On the cross piece, I noticed that one of the aluminum feet had a small arc on it. I straightened it with a rubber mallet (Per DB's instructions) and that seemed to stop the leaking.

I hope that helps.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

Anyone else have tips?
You look for light leaks? Crawl in there on a sunny day and see where light comes in. You can also put a latern flashlight in there and see if any lights are coming through at light. You might have some very hard to see spots where there is just a sliver and that's enough for water to come through. Also, if you bed caps got deformed, it can seep under the exterior cap and make it's way through. Which just happens to be were the clamps are.

Good luck.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Anyone else have tips?
Could the shims be mislocated so the rail cap compresses just slightly and water rolling Down the cross PC gutters goes into the bed instead of to the outside of the bed?

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could the shims be mislocated so the rail cap compresses just slightly and water rolling Down the cross PC gutters goes into the bed instead of to the outside of the bed?
It passes the light test.

I’ve replaced the bed rails and on my second shim kit.

The shims are placed correctly, I even marked my trail rails with the shim locations so I can be sure the clamps are placed directly over a shim.

The water that gets into the cross pieces “gutters” (below the hinges), ends up traveling out of the gutters and around the cross piece “feet” and trickles in through there.

I’ve tried placing some window seal at the end of the gutters to try to encourage the water to go fully to the vehicles sides, rather than run back into the bed caps/bed.

I think if I could just get the water from those gutters all the way out to the side, it’d fix most of it.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I first installed it, I did have a little leaking in the cross piece area and the tailgate area but I was able to mitigate most of it.

I used the ESI Tailgate Seal kit to seal off the tailgate. On the cross piece, I noticed that one of the aluminum feet had a small arc on it. I straightened it with a rubber mallet (Per DB's instructions) and that seemed to stop the leaking.

I hope that helps.
Did you reach out to DB for support on that one?

Pookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you reach out to DB for support on that one?
Yes and they were very helpful. I only had challenges getting support for the Front Runner Rack System which DB also sells but does not make.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
so on mine it ended up being the seal was slightly to short on one side. They figured it out based on a photo I was showing them of the bed rails being compressed.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
What's the difference between the rails and no rails version? Is it just the Cap Clamps or is the lock bar different too?
Sponsored