Sponsored

Did you buy your JT because of the bed or for towing???

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I am on this forum daily and I wanted to get a sense of what 'aspect' of the JT is most important to you. I am only giving you TWO choices to comment on, either the fact that it's a Jeep with a bed or because you plan to tow with it? You cannot comment on both, you must choose only one feature to keep.

Please save unrelated chatter for another thread. Personally, I wanted a "Wrangler with a bed' for the convenience of hauling 'stuff' as opposed to any towing capability. In the 15 months I've owned the JT, the bed has just made my life easier!

Thanks!
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
100% Jeep with a bed. It is so simple to haul shit now. If I was towing regularly I wouldn’t have even considered a mid-size truck. I tow 0% of the time, so my choice to go Gladiator was easy!

Scrambler84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel, 2012 JKUR, 1984 Scrambler
Occupation
Network Engineer
Bed for overland use, and ability to haul more/easier then my JKUR can, RTT will be below the roof line to save on gas mileage cant do that with JKUR.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Jeep with a bed, hauling camping gear & kayaks. Went sport with a 6-speed for a max payload. Now paying the recall price as my ordered gladiator may or may not have been delivered to the dealer.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Towing, but mostly a DD for the wife. My Ram 1500 is my primary tow vehicle, but I needed something that can also tow my bass boat. This way I can tow our travel trailer and the wife can tow the boat, and I'm not spending extra hours driving back and forth to the lake to get both trailer and boat there, and home. Plus if my Ram needs service I won't miss a fishing tournament.

Sponsored

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Definitely wanted a Jeep but have missed my truck since I sold it several years ago. It’s the best of both worlds. It’s as fun/cool as my mustang GT was. But as practical to my needs as my F-150 was. Fun and utility in one!

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Both. We drive back and forth between San Antonio and NY. Usually, the bed is sufficient, but the towing capacity comes in handy regularly for towing one of our other vehicles.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep with a bed and I plan on doing some towing which is why I opted for the Max Tow so both. It's tough getting floor equipment in and out of a 4 door wrangler and they ain't the best for towing a trailer either.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Mainly towing, but the bed is an added bonus. If the JLU/JK had the same towing capacity as the JT I would have had one for the last 15 years....
That's was our deciding factor. If the JLU could comfortably tow 5000+ we'd have bought one. And my wife refuses to drive anything that you can't take the doors and top off. So, JT it is!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The bed.
I bought it primarily to use as a toad, and I want to put a small motorcycle in the back when it’s a toad.

Kevin

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Tow for a boat.
Sponsored