Sponsored

Did you buy your JT because of the bed or for towing???

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
towing

Gladrubi20

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Was looking at a new JLR at same time and ended up with JTR. Do a lot of adventure travel with wife and tow a 5000 trailer. JT can cover almost any terrain, has better ride, large secured bed storage with my Diamondback cover, and tow capacity cemented the choice. At first look on a dealer lot many are ugly and out of proportion but it’s easily remedied with some mods. After a year have no regrets.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Neither, I bought it because it was the only decent truck made that still offered a manual transmission.

Boz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Sport S Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Since retiring and selling our fifth wheel trailer, we had no real need for my humongous Ram 2500 4x4 diesel or wife's SUV, but still wanted to be able to haul occasional small loads, and wanted something that could be flat towed behind our motorhome. Sold the truck and SUV and bought the JT. Fits all our needs perfectly.

Sponsored

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
The bed was the deal maker. Always wanted a Jeep, but truck utility was a must have. It’s nice when you can have your cake and eat it too.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Yep I think of this as my family friendly motorcycle, everything is off as much as possible.

Funniest was my coworker who rides said the windshield down wasn't safe... I was like where does that leave your bike? lol
As long as every one in the vehicle is wearing eye protection, I see no drawback or dangers. But that's just my opinion.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Bought it for both and everything else. We have a JKU and can't tow what we can with the JT, can't haul what we can with the JT, and it's not as multipurpose as the JT. If all we planned on doing was going off road, would have gotten a JL or even and older YJ or something. But we tow a camper, 16' ATV trailer, boat, and needed something that could do all of the above and more with no issues.

Toadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Bed, as I too bought mine as a toad, hence my forum name.

Sponsored

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Both! Plus the OR capability of the Rubi trim.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I am on this forum daily and I wanted to get a sense of what 'aspect' of the JT is most important to you. I am only giving you TWO choices to comment on, either the fact that it's a Jeep with a bed or because you plan to tow with it? You cannot comment on both, you must choose only one feature to keep.

Please save unrelated chatter for another thread. Personally, I wanted a "Wrangler with a bed' for the convenience of hauling 'stuff' as opposed to any towing capability. In the 15 months I've owned the JT, the bed has just made my life easier!

Thanks!
Jeep with a bed - definitely. Was tired of putting stuff in the back of my SUV and taking a chance on damaging the interior. Have owned or own Wranglers, Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees and the Gladiator was logical. No regrets.

Jeep Gladiator Did you buy your JT because of the bed or for towing??? Gladiator Pumpkins 2020

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
While I don’t tow too heavy anymore, I do have a tractor, boat, and a side by side that I tow. Wanted to get back in a Jeep so when I found out that Jeep was going to offer I gave up the Ram and got the gladiator with the max tow. Was hoping the diesel would’ve increased the ability but that’s a no go. I’m happy with it. But will say it needs some v8 power. And that’s just towing 5-6000lbs.
Well there’s my two cents worth!

Ifh_78

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Psychometrics
Priority was bed, but having towing capacity was a plus.
Sponsored