Sponsored

Did you buy your JT because of the bed or for towing???

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Bed. We tow it behind motorhome. Used the need for more space to haul necessary”stuff” while traveling as justification to trade in JK for Gladiator.
Sponsored

Diesl Jp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel; 2013 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Meat Popsicle
Bed. My Dodge Dakota bit the dust and I was really just looking for an errand-runner used truck. With the state of the world, and used vehicle prices sky-high, just went new. But ultimately I went with a truck that did cool Jeep stuff, instead of a Jeep that did cool truck stuff. And it was hauling stuff in general with a truck bed that was the deal-maker.

mep4wd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Consultant, Retired
Originally, it was to tow, because my wife wanted a small trailer.
Now, and $50,000 later, she's walking it back.
I like my Gladiator, but could have gotten a 4 door Wrangler instead.

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am on this forum daily and I wanted to get a sense of what 'aspect' of the JT is most important to you. I am only giving you TWO choices to comment on, either the fact that it's a Jeep with a bed or because you plan to tow with it? You cannot comment on both, you must choose only one feature to keep.

Please save unrelated chatter for another thread. Personally, I wanted a "Wrangler with a bed' for the convenience of hauling 'stuff' as opposed to any towing capability. In the 15 months I've owned the JT, the bed has just made my life easier!

Thanks!
the bed for me

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Bed, for sure. Always wanted a Jeep, but didnt want to give up the utility of having a bed.

Ill do light towing from time to time, small boats for hunting, but the bed was the important part.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
As long as every one in the vehicle is wearing eye protection, I see no drawback or dangers. But that's just my opinion.
Exactly. Got impact rated sun glasses with the gasket around them, and even have a strap on them. more than covered. Without secure eye protection though I would worry about the bugs hitting my face at a high speed, lol.

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Bought mine for the bed, tiny bed but a bed none-the-less, if I needed something to tow with I would have bought another full size. Always wanted a wrangler but I have to have some sort of bed. I’ve seen people put deer, hay, greasy parts, and all sorts of other things inside wranglers but I’ll never do it...if there had never been a JT I probably would never have bought a wrangler.

plenty of drawbacks to the little truck scene, but I didn’t buy it because it towed the most or had the best payload/biggest bed (got a cummins for that). Also didn’t buy it for great fuel mileage either currently under 20mpg while the 5.9 gets 22mpg... of all the things the ram can do, I can’t take the top off and cruise/enjoy screwing around off the pavement. And a dually diesel is an awful off-road vehicle by all accounts.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Towing but the bed has come in damn handy!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Jeep with a bed.

Wanted a Scrambler, but at 18 years old at the time no one would touch me for a new car loan.

Have had CJ6 and CJ7 since then, always said if they released another truck I'd have it.

Sponsored

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
Bed for sure. Knew the Jeep truck was on the horizon so I spent 2 years in a Tacoma until the Gladiator came out. Can't live without a bed anymore.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
100% Jeep with a bed. It is so simple to haul shit now. If I was towing regularly I wouldn’t have even considered a mid-size truck. I tow 0% of the time, so my choice to go Gladiator was easy!
Even though I tow a small single axle 5x8 dump trailer regularly, I totally agree with this statement.

Dawg Fan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversay Gladiator
Bed for sure always bringing stuff home from Home Depot

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Convertible with a bed and looks good. Otherwise I would have gotten something else with a larger bed.
Sponsored