Sponsored

Diesel Gladiator release?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
The 2020 Ram Ecodiesel started production last month. They are slated to hit the lots at the very end of August. Ram said they will unveil the 2020 Ecodiesel this month and announce EPA details at which the order bank will be open. We should be hearing something soon!
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
The 2020 Ram Ecodiesel started production last month. They are slated to hit the lots at the very end of August. Ram said they will unveil the 2020 Ecodiesel this month and announce EPA details at which the order bank will be open. We should be hearing something soon!
Have a link to that info? sneaky insider info? or just guessing? I ask because I was all over searching for news updates 2 days ago and nothing new has popped since the June releases.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Here's the link:
https://[Banned Site]/production-of...QMZuy8G9cG6UanOJbmObwx0o0shjMddjhyqbXWWOqaZa0

Edit: For some reason the site is banned. Let me cut and paste some info in the article.
The article was written July 29th

Production on the 2020 Ram 1500 has begun. According to our sources at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan, production of the 2020 model year pickups started on Monday, July 22nd. While Ram has announced during a recent recall, the plant that builds all of the Ram 1500 (DT) pickups were building pre-production spec trucks of the 2020 Ram 1500 models. Now, we know that these trucks are one heading for dealers in the near future.

Ram has invited us out for the launch of the 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel next month. The EcoDiesel powertrain has to be one of the most widely awaited options on the 5th generation pickups and we can’t wait to get behind the wheel. For everything 5th generation Ram 1500 related, be sure to check out 5thGenRams.com on a regular basis.

The first bit of news is the discontinuation of three colors from the 2019 model year as well as the addition of three new ones. For those who love the popular Blue Streak color, we are said to tell you the color has been replaced. However, some people will be excited to hear that it has been replaced by another popular blue color, Hydro Blue. Black Forest Green and Rugged Brown are also out for 2020 and have been replaced with Olive Green and Walnut Brown.

The other exciting news we are hearing from our sources is that SHAP has started production of the long-awaited 2020 Ram 1500 Night Edition pickups, we told you about back in January. Night Edition models will be available on Big Horn/Lone Star and Laramie trim-levels according to our sources. Color selection will be limited to about five or six colors. Expect black badging, black grille, black bezel headlamps, blackened tail lights, black “ram horns” above the grille, and much more. We are also hearing that the 22-inch Granite Crystal wheels will be optioned in all-black for the Laramie Night Edition.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Here's an interesting video if you haven't already seen it

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
i’ll just be glad when they finally pull the trigger so all the Chicken Littles can either be vindicated or shut their pie holes ;)
In 1962, The Jetsons predicted that in 40 years people would be flying around in hovercraft and life in space would be the norm. It never happened. :giggle:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Okay. Thanks for the article. Didn't come up in my search 2 days ago. that's odd.

That site is perma-banned here due to earlier bad behavior. You can pm Jay or Wraith if you need the exact info, not sure they want open discussion on who is banned and why.
I must apologize, I believe I was banned in 2012 after they promised the ecodiesel in the Grand Cherokee 18 years prior and it still hadn't arrived. I had some choice words for them.

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
I was at a dealer yesterday and they said it may be model year 2022 now for the diesel. Anyone else heard this?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I was at a dealer yesterday and they said it may be model year 2022 now for the diesel. Anyone else heard this?
That would go against what FCA has repeatedly said. Even in recent weeks, FCA has said that the Ecodiesel will be released in 2020, but I don't think an exact release date has been announced. I've heard a variety of dates with February being the most recent. At one point in time, there was speculation that the percentage of Rams and Gladiators with an Ecodiesel would be small due to production capacity. The plant in Italy can only build so many engines.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ok. My dealer just called me a couple of hours ago . (Bought a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon from him in May)

He said I could now order a JT diesel and expect a delivery in a few months.

A pretty good sign I’m hoping. : )

I told him thanks... and give me a call as soon as the trailer brake controller is available

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Ok. My dealer just called me a couple of hours ago . (Bought a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon from him in May)

He said I could now order a JT diesel and expect a delivery in a few months.

A pretty good sign I’m hoping. : )

I told him thanks... and give me a call as soon as the trailer brake controller is available

What dealer and sales person? I want to call them myself. I think they are full o' crap
Sponsored