First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I think your dealer is blowing smoke. I just talked to my dealer and its not in the order system nor is there any news other than old news about it.

Remember this: A dealer can take an order, that does not mean you have a valid order with JEEP, you have just put an order against the dealer's inventory...IF they get one someday. All orders that are valid come with confirmation from Jeep or Ford etc. I just ordered an F 450 truck and got my confirmation from Ford that same day.

IF a dealer cannot give you a confirmation number from Jeep within 24 hrs you don't have an order.

Just went to Jeep.com Build and there is not diesel engine as an option on any JT/JL model...NOTE this does NOT guarantee there is no available diesel to be ordered. I ordered my 2020 F 450 on the 15th with confirmation from Ford, but as of today there is NO 2020 Truck on the Ford site at all, but dealers can place a valid order, Ford has not updated the website yet...no sure why???

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Ok. My dealer just called me a couple of hours ago . (Bought a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon from him in May)

He said I could now order a JT diesel and expect a delivery in a few months.

A pretty good sign I’m hoping. : )

I told him thanks... and give me a call as soon as the trailer brake controller is available
Your dealer is getting the Ram Ecodiesel confused with the Gladiator Ecodiesel. The Ram Ecodiesel will be released in the fourth quarter. There are no public release dates for the Gladiator Ecodiesel. The earliest speculation for the Gladiator Ecodiesel release is February 2020.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Beginning to wonder which will come first: the 3.0 or Gobi & Gator :(

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
The aftermarket support for this engine is going to be astounding.
Agreed. I can't wait.

If the Wrangler is getting it by the end of the year, then I'm guessing that February is very realistic,,,, at the latest.

RambaLambaDingDong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU on tons, 40s, Longarm, 14 Cummins Megacab
Occupation
Nuclear Engineer
It's odd how all these moto news groups posted the exact same claims yesterday stating "by the end of the year" but there's zero mention of anything substantiating that except for the build codes discovered over on the JL Forum. Which honestly could be for the 2020 model Wrangler and not available until late next year.

I want a diesel Gladiator as bad as anyone, but I'm sure not going to take these claims as gospel.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
260/480 was announced a little over 2 months ago
I think one of the assumptions a lot of us are making is that the JL/JT will get a lower output motor due to lack of frontal area for the larger intercooler they’re supposedly putting on the Ram. Likely it’ll still be the upgraded motor but with a lower output.

All speculation right now though.
Sponsored