shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
They haven't said that...

In fact, most signs point to some kind of EV/Hybrid version in the future so far...

All subject to change of course. But let's not make blanket statements that are false either.
I said EV, not hybrid. Mincing of words perhaps. I was trying to find the link someone else posted stating as much. Niche vehicle and no plans for a full EV. Off-road weekend in the mountains? Nope, can't do that. No way to charge.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I said EV, not hybrid. Mincing of words perhaps. I was trying to find the link someone else posted stating as much. Niche vehicle and no plans for a full EV. Off-road weekend in the mountains? Nope, can't do that. No way to charge.
They also didn't say that yet either. All they said so far is that they do not plan to convert the Recon into a pickup. That's it. Anything beyond that is people connecting dots that aren't there (yet).

And when you say "EV", hybrids 100% fall in that category as they're PHEVs. Vehicles with no engine and only electric motors are BEVs. The term "EV" includes both of these types.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I'm not betting on it becoming more valuable. I find that scenario to be implausible but the interesting thing, to me anyhow, is that if I had missed the boat entirely on the Glady (any, gas or diesel) until 2024 or later and I learned they had the gumption to throw a 3.0L diesel in it but it has since been discontinued, I'd for certain open the wallet a bit wider and bump my usual willingness to travel up and down the east coast for vehicles to a nationwide search.

I could see it almost being a low-volume silent type of appreciation. While it falls on KBB, black & blue books etc. there will be folks flying around the country securing them for decades to come no doubt. I would and I'm positive I'm not alone. Not because it was rare but because turbo D in a jeep pickup... It's as illogical as it is perfect. I love that about it.

During the 40k trouble free (minus fixed rear axle leak) miles across the country I've had a few folks offer to buy it. One total stranger in a $500k+ F-350 based earth roaming machine in Wyoming. He, on the spot, asked my price so he could use mine as a TOAD behind his bad-a$$ behemoth.

Mike-len

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
I was looking for a diesel gladiator but none to be found in my area
I searched for months and only found about 10 within 300 miles of me, and none of them had the options I wanted. I was lucky to find one 50 miles away with everything I wanted except it didn’t have the auxiliary switches. I scooped it up for 11% under msrp. Been driving for 2 weeks now. So far I’m loving it.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My diesel Gladiator will be going away........ to a Toyota dealer ship.

I think the recent decline in used car values will continue and so will these diesels. Maybe in 10 years they will increase back to where they are now if you have low miles.

After multiple trips to the dealer they told me my 5200 lb camper was too much for it and if I continue with the error codes it could void my warranty.
That is a heavy camper for any Gladiator.

RT3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Starting to read through this forum and browsing threads thinking where do I go to say the eco diesel Gladiator is the greatest truck ever. Absolutely pumped with my experience so far. Switching from a 19 Ram 1500, the JT has been an awesome experience. I think the diesel makes it 10 times better. Gas mileage, sound, maintenance, driving, all around just a great little truck so far! Only been about 7 months but have not looked back once!

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

Starting to read through this forum and browsing threads thinking where do I go to say the eco diesel Gladiator is the greatest truck ever. Absolutely pumped with my experience so far. Switching from a 19 Ram 1500, the JT has been an awesome experience. I think the diesel makes it 10 times better. Gas mileage, sound, maintenance, driving, all around just a great little truck so far! Only been about 7 months but have not looked back once!
my only real concern is the fuel pump.
Sponsored