First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I don't know which it is either but I just picked up my 2022 a few months ago and love it so far.
Me too, picked it up at the end of last year, late Dec. I love the diesel (Im a diesel person, two others in the house) and it runs great

Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
Sad, doesn't even look like it will make it 4 model years like the EcoDiesel Grand Cheerokee. I thought they would make it at least 4 years until the model refresh for Wrangler/Gladiator. Oh well, I got mine and I will never get rid of it (although I said that about my 09 JK, but that wasn't a diesel). I'll most likely scoop up a new engine in a few years just to keep on standby for years later.

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Sad, doesn't even look like it will make it 4 model years like the EcoDiesel Grand Cheerokee. I thought they would make it at least 4 years until the model refresh for Wrangler/Gladiator. Oh well, I got mine and I will never get rid of it (although I said that about my 09 JK, but that wasn't a diesel). I'll most likely scoop up a new engine in a few years just to keep on standby for years later.
Gotta hoard them up… lol Honestly between Ram and Jeep parts should be plentiful for at least another decade.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
my wife will be happy to hear I purchased my last truck then ;)

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Until they come out and state the diesel is gone.... also consider the fact they have stated the Gladiator is not going EV...

Some of you... seriously, nothing but love, but come on.

portalgun

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon Diesel, 02 S2000, 15 4Runner
if it's dropped in the Ram AND dropped in the Wrangler there is an absolute 0 percent chance it lives on in the Gladiator. The only reason it's in the Gladiator is because it's already in the Wrangler which was the business case for the engine being launched beyond just the Ram.

Sponsored

vaticanvoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
I haul a 30ft camper trailer all over the place and it does just fine. 5k is nothing for the diesel gladiator. What error codes are you getting?

My diesel Gladiator will be going away........ to a Toyota dealer ship.

I think the recent decline in used car values will continue and so will these diesels. Maybe in 10 years they will increase back to where they are now if you have low miles.

After multiple trips to the dealer they told me my 5200 lb camper was too much for it and if I continue with the error codes it could void my warranty.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
.... also consider the fact they have stated the Gladiator is not going EV...
They haven't said that...

In fact, most signs point to some kind of EV/Hybrid version in the future so far...

All subject to change of course. But let's not make blanket statements that are false either.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I sold my rusted out hulk of a 1941 Willys for $5k and it a hole rusted through the floorboard you could crawl through. (I wish I had kept that). I’d pay a lot more than $5k to get that same Jeep back.

I sold my 2004 AEV 4.0 TJ in 2014 and put $25k in my pocket. It had 150k miles on the odo. That’s deep into the JK years and way over book. But it was an AEV and clean af. I wheeled it hard but took good care of it. Also helped that it had a new clutch, new cats and a new top.
Jeep Gladiator Diesel gladiators-unicorns? C581F116-598D-4FD4-9FAE-88532DE10602

I sold my almost stock 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon JK for $3K more than I paid for it after 2 years. And I disclosed to the buyer that I believed it had sand casting engine problems. The 10th Anniversary was still hot especially with the rubber trash can paint and red leather.

These trucks are not necessarily going to appreciate but they are going to hold their values and there is going to be a market for them with values that exceed their gas brethren. All the vehicles above commanded a premium because of the niche market around them. These trucks will be similar especially if they are cleanly modified and well cared for.

Kirk*Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Jeep Mojave/toyota camry
I was looking for a diesel gladiator but none to be found in my area
Sponsored