• Thread starter Deleted member 47279
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Amen. Anyone buying ANY modern vehicle as an investment is fooling themselves. The insane used market of the last few years has got people thinking their vehicles won't depreciate in the future. Bad thinking... it's a vehicle, not an investment vehicle. (See what I did there?)

I'll gladly enjoy my diesel Gladiator for as long as I can, but I'm not optimistic about support in, say, 10 years.
I typically factor in X$ per year for a vehicle budget. My 2020 gladiator exceeded my budget by keeping its value quite well for hitting 40k in 2 years.

The diesel is doing even better as it gets better fuel economy. Jeeps will hold their value well.

The diesel jeeps will hold their value the same as all other gladiators. The difference will be availability. They will be extremely hard to find as the production numbers are lower and they will be even more of a "niche" vehicle.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I typically factor in X$ per year for a vehicle budget. My 2020 gladiator exceeded my budget by keeping its value quite well for hitting 40k in 2 years.

The diesel is doing even better as it gets better fuel economy. Jeeps will hold their value well.

The diesel jeeps will hold their value the same as all other gladiators. The difference will be availability. They will be extremely hard to find as the production numbers are lower and they will be even more of a "niche" vehicle.
Seems like every vehicle I own or owned was/is a niche vehicle.
'07 Honda VFR 25th Anniversary Edition.
'08 Power Wagon.
'11 Nissan 370Z Nismo.
'13 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk.
'22 JTRD.

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel

Sure, but hard to find =/= valuable. Someone has to want them. The used car market of the last 2 years has been bananas. You could sell a clapped out 20yo Corolla to Carmax for $5K. I'm definitely not arguing that the last few years of non-depreciation haven't been great as a Jeep owner, just that I don't think that will hold for too much longer moving forward. I love my 3.0L, but if the third-get turns out to have lots of issues, the diesel Gladiator (even used) could go the way of the dodo.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I know is that I live in the present. Really could care less about future value or lack thereof.
Hell. Tomorrow ...... the 37's go on. Can't wait.

Dont do it! Get 40's. I did 38s and already want more tire.

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
The short answer is no, unless you park it away and wrap in shrink wrap for at least decade a daily driver will not appreciate in value over time, quite the opposite… I have this conversation with every Mustang/Camaro/Charger owner at my work. Sorry to break it to you bud but your very very special car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, and with electric cars taking market by storm only select few Dino vehicles will be sought after in the future. Something like horse carriages after introduction of internal combustion, it is safer to stick to index funds if you want to invest like a big boy. On a side note jeep is definitely dropping VM Motori soon.
I think the diesel will be highly sought after.

Once the everyone is forced to buy and use an inefficient, mass-polluting, electric vehicle that can't be sustained by the grid and the governments control our movements by controlling electricity the best option will be diesel. Gasoline will become scarce and hard to get, but diesel will be necessary for big trucks for some time. So I will simply fill up my diesel Gladiator at the diesel pump while everyone else is either sitting at home waiting for their solar panels to charge or are sitting at the electric fill station on their scheduled day...

I will run the Wasteland, I mean Rubicon, while everyone else is busy charging...
Jeep Gladiator Diesel gladiators-unicorns? 1663858932271

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer

Once the everyone is forced to buy and use an inefficient, mass-polluting, electric vehicle that can't be sustained by the grid and the governments control our movements by controlling electricity the best option will be diesel. Gasoline will become scarce and hard to get, but diesel will be necessary for big trucks for some time. So I will simply fill up my diesel Gladiator at the diesel pump while everyone else is either sitting at home waiting for their solar panels to charge or are sitting at the electric fill station on their scheduled day...

I will run the Wasteland, I mean Rubicon, while everyone else is busy charging...
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Yank all that emissions crap out of it, run mineral oil from pole transformers. Free fuel for life!

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Yank all that emissions crap out of it, run mineral oil from pole transformers. Free fuel for life!
You're not worried about the PCP's in the oil?. :CWL:

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 47279

i wonder how much work i need to run mine that way? i mean with my tune the ecodiesel runs clean.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wonder how much work i need to run mine that way? i mean with my tune the ecodiesel runs clean.
With better filtration you absolutely could cut your diesel with used engine oil or kerosene. Issues crop up in very cold tempratures youll need a preheater or to run additional diesel.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I'm still happy to see 4+4= 123

Why wouldn't the article read "Stellantis drops EcoDiesel across the board"... They didn't, so let's not all run and jump off a cliff. Someone recently posted another article saying the Gladiator won't be going electric. If that's the case, this engine ain't going nowhere.

Loving my 3.0L so far. Miss my Mojave, but not enough.

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'm still happy to see 4+4= 123

Why wouldn't the article read "Stellantis drops EcoDiesel across the board"... They didn't, so let's not all run and jump off a cliff. Someone recently posted another article saying the Gladiator won't be going electric. If that's the case, this engine ain't going nowhere.

Loving my 3.0L so far. Miss my Mojave, but not enough.
Too late. Already jumped off a cliff...
Sponsored