Diesel Oil filter

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Worth noting that I’m not actually over on my oil change…
Sponsored

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
I've put 35.6K miles on my diesel Glady in 13 months. I scheduled my 4th oil change at 2 different dealers in Northern Utah in the past week. Learned that Jeep Cares covers the first 3 changes but I'll have to pay for the 4th. But neither dealer had the 68507598AA filter in stock, none were showing in their network, and no one could say when one would be available. Did some sleuthing. There's lots of chinese knock-offs available on Amazon, eBay and Google shopping starting at $18, but no Mopars. Maybe they're made by the same factory, but some of the Amazon comments made me nervous. Then I found an OEM at mopar.com for $73.24. Order placed and confirmed.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Glad you can find one. For what it’s worth, Ken Garff has the Chinese knock offs. If anyone gives you crap about it being a Chinese knock off and the warranty issues, I can supply you with the email from Jeep cares stating to go that route.

Sponsored

Chaosseat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Ecodiesel, 06 TJ w/ HEMI swap
Like I stated in another post about this subject…. I’ve been using an Ecogard filter and Amsoil in my Ecodiesel with no problems, just be sure to torque your filter to 25nm

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
I put an oil filter bypass on mine and run a gen 2 element in it. They are 7dollars at the parts store.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
New wix filter? What does Canada have to do with it ? https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/?carcode=3450753&parttype=5340&a=avl13640557c3450753 wix part number but low mileage ?
Ultra-Power is Rock Auto's house brand name. Can be anything from other brand close outs to new contract made for them filter. I would not lean on the use of the WIX part number as any indication you will get a WIX product. Most third party brands will adopt any part number naming convention they want to included competitors.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most third party brands will adopt any part number naming convention they want to included competitors.
That's what makes it easier to cross part numbers at times. Filter A has number 43567 and filter B has A43567 and filter C has a similar number - but they are worlds apart in quality and how they are made.
It's a lot easier to adopt the numbering of a competitor because it simplifies your own catalog - and also gets people to buy because it's a familiar number. Psychology - familiarity.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Ultra-Power is Rock Auto's house brand name. Can be anything from other brand close outs to new contract made for them filter. I would not lean on the use of the WIX part number as any indication you will get a WIX product. Most third party brands will adopt any part number naming convention they want to included competitors.
Any idea on who has the actual wix filter?