First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
What are people getting/paying for a full rubicon take off system. My rubi is due in early next month and trying to decide between spacer and full spring kit
Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
What are people getting/paying for a full rubicon take off system. My rubi is due in early next month and trying to decide between spacer and full spring kit
you can find some on ebay with the front control arms for $500-$599

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
If you put a Rubi suspension on the Sport S, does the payload become the Rubi payload?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If you put a Rubi suspension on the Sport S, does the payload become the Rubi payload?
No. Springs arent the payload determiner.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
95EB3770-9AF0-4EA2-93F7-8B7249CBD056.jpeg
211C976A-93E2-4B25-AB5A-E4F967675DED.jpeg
Today i rotated my tires passed due 5,000K on it now. While i was at it i swapped in Rubicon suspension along with my alloy USA level kit 1 1/2” front but added 1/2” factory isolator because i lost 1/2” with front bumper & winch. Also added a 3/4” spacer for rear. Sitting better i tow a camper so i can’t go 37” & a big lift. So I’m happy with this set up. I was too tired to measure height difference but looks like an inch higher or maybe a little more. I only drove it down the street & back so I’ll see about ride difference later.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
3996E5D1-F055-4B65-9A4C-BC40DD932F23.jpeg
0554B00D-73E1-4DE4-BF05-1F0525DA2C0C.jpeg
Before the Rubicon suspension & added 1/2” front 3/4” rear spacers.

TravisH88

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S W/ Max Tow
What is then? If someone put Rubicon suspension, wheels, and tires on a Sport S there would be no mechanical difference aside from the 4.10 gear ratio
Suspension isn’t the only determining factor for payload but it is a major one. I have a max tow gladiator and put on rubicon suspension. It’s much more squishy and slightly higher so they need to take that into account for load stability when they are determining payload. There are specific requirements they must meet during tests. The other major determining factor for payload is simply the trucks curb weight. Every option takes away from the payload number and the rubicon has a lot more of those than a sport.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wanted to follow up on my Sport S Max Tow that I swapped in the Rubi springs and shocks. As said wife has complained since the day i swapped them. Yesterday I had a free day so I pulled the rear springs back out of the box and pulled the JT back in the garage. Wife and I pulled the Rubi springs from the rear. When i had both passengers springs on the bench i did some measuring. The stock MAX tow spring measured in at 18" on the dot, while the rubi spring measured 18" 1/8". Granted these are probably not perfect measurements but enough to know they were about the same. the thing i did notice is the Max tow spring does have one more "loop" in it (counted 8 vs rubi with 7). Being the stock spring is a progressive type spring this makes sense. After reinstall It looked to sit a bit low inte rear so back on the jacks and installed the Daystar 3/4" spacer. After done I took a ride with the wife down our road, windy, creek crossing and some hills. It was night and day. Much stiffer and didnt appear to "sway" like it did before.

I then hooked the car trailer up with my Kubota on it and the JT did not sag at all. With the rubi spring it did sag some but never did take any real measurements.I did leave the front Rubi springs in for now. Wife is taking it this week to have new TPS put in the wheels so Ill see how it rides after that. I did stick with the fox shocks as I think they are better than the stock ones. Our plan is to use the JT as a truck We already have a JK we can abuse so think this may be the best combo at this point for ride and comfort.

TravisH88

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S W/ Max Tow
Wanted to follow up on my Sport S Max Tow that I swapped in the Rubi springs and shocks. As said wife has complained since the day i swapped them. Yesterday I had a free day so I pulled the rear springs back out of the box and pulled the JT back in the garage. Wife and I pulled the Rubi springs from the rear. When i had both passengers springs on the bench i did some measuring. The stock MAX tow spring measured in at 18" on the dot, while the rubi spring measured 18" 1/8". Granted these are probably not perfect measurements but enough to know they were about the same. the thing i did notice is the Max tow spring does have one more "loop" in it (counted 8 vs rubi with 7). Being the stock spring is a progressive type spring this makes sense. After reinstall It looked to sit a bit low inte rear so back on the jacks and installed the Daystar 3/4" spacer. After done I took a ride with the wife down our road, windy, creek crossing and some hills. It was night and day. Much stiffer and didnt appear to "sway" like it did before.

I then hooked the car trailer up with my Kubota on it and the JT did not sag at all. With the rubi spring it did sag some but never did take any real measurements.I did leave the front Rubi springs in for now. Wife is taking it this week to have new TPS put in the wheels so Ill see how it rides after that. I did stick with the fox shocks as I think they are better than the stock ones. Our plan is to use the JT as a truck We already have a JK we can abuse so think this may be the best combo at this point for ride and comfort.

After swapping rubi suspension onto my max tow I wish I hadn’t. I chucked the springs right in the dumpster after too. I would just do the shocks next time with a small spacer front and rear.

Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
After swapping rubi suspension onto my max tow I wish I hadn’t. I chucked the springs right in the dumpster after too. I would just do the shocks next time with a small spacer front and rear.
I am sure others have kept there springs and would sell them for cheap. I had my old JK springs until i recently moved and finally tossed them but i swapped them 10 years ago !

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What is the benefit if any of adding the only the fox rubicon shocks to the max tow?

When I first read that I would get a 1” or so lift out of the rubicon fox suspension and springs I was all about it... but even with the slight lift... the springs aren’t as stiff due to the 1 less loop in them... so when I hook up my 6,000lb boat the rear is going to really drop... so i would be loosing a real benefit of my max tow.. right?

I like the look of the Fox shocks...

I am thinking maybe keep my max tow springs, replace the shocks and add the daystar level or 2” lift.

Or... how would that work if I did the daystar level or 2” lift and replaced both shocks and springs with rubicon’s? Would be super sagging in the rear the the heavy load??

really need some assistance with this!! :facepalm:

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I left the fox shocks on mine after going back to the max tow rear springs. I think it rides decent and appears to tow well again.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
With the rubi springs I did not see a noticeable difference in lift. I think it measured out to be 3/4" all the way around. IT rode very spongy and when i hooked up my car trailer sagged more than i liked. Never did measure sag, but i noticed it. Switched back to Stock max tow springs and also added a 3/4" daystar spacer front and rear. Ride height is about the same as the rubi springs but much more stiff. Also hooking my trailer up doesn't drop at all empty now. To me its all about how you plan to use the JT. I bought mine as a daily driver for the wife, but also to tow around my tractor and other stuff. If i was planning off road I probably would have left the rubi springs as i am guessing they have better ride off road. I have a JK for off road. I tried to post a picture but guess i need to host it.
Sponsored