Sponsored

Disappointed

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Not sure if anyone from Jeep or Chrysler or whoever follow this forum but I was excited to see what Jeep had in store when my truck hit 1941 miles. They put throwbacks and heritage things all over these vehicles and NOTHING for an easy one. I was hoping something cool would’ve come over the dash or media center. Guess they dropped the ball on this oversight.
Not going to lie, with all the photos and what not on the FB groups about this, they made it seem like there must something "more" that happened on the screen too . When I was getting close to "1941" out of curiosity I slowed down so I wouldn't miss it just in case even though I was totally skeptical, and nope nothing. Did I honestly expect something to happen? Not really, but I also didn't want to miss it if it did. The internet is great for that isn't it?

However, now that I have had more time to think about this milestone, this is one of those easter eggs where most people probably miss it. When the odometer hits "1941" you must immediately pull over, climb under the vehicle and look at the right rear axle seal and if you look closely enough, you will get to see it begin to leak. I imagine it's pretty extraordinary to witness the first drop. Sadly most owners didn't get to catch this until miles later like I did. Either way, if you check it now, you will see this new easter egg has revealed itself.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
1941 only happens on the manual transmission versions. It happens every single shift, you just have to know where to look every time you shift gears.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
What a disappointment?
Really?
Wow!

Sponsored

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So where’s the OP? He had to have seen this by now. Is he going to ignore this jewel of a thread that he spawned, just like the “Last Jeep I’ll Ever Own” guy? 🤣

Jeep Gladiator Disappointed 1638256045539