First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, 2020 JT Sport S Max tow Stingray
Occupation
Firearms
I wanted to post this as it was inspired by @WhatExit? build of this Gladiator Rack. He has been a wealth of Knowledge and you should read his post

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...dea-of-a-perfect-for-me-gladiator-rack.27705/

Although I have not tested with a Tonneau cover yet I will shortly I have a couple more things to add for customization but I wanted to add a shopping list for the everyday joe that wants something on a budget. And of course, you get to add your little piece of you made it yourself.

Here is the shopping list. You don't need all of this if you have a Trail Rail system already But I figured for under $350 I have a 4 post Rack and a rail system.

Now as I have some side pieces fabricated still working out that design. I wanna do it homemade so. If anybody has some insight on inexpensive say 1/8" slotted steel let me know. It can be bare.

97998446_10158306364429320_3371605191999619072_n.jpg

98165209_10158306364379320_7590496995005956096_n.jpg
Looks great, would this set up hold >500lbs for roof top tent
Sponsored

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, would this set up hold >500lbs for roof top tent
In my opinion I don't think it will but you might want to check out Scots site I think he has some ideas on weight there. But I have seen many with 4 towers in a RTT, some have gone to 6 towers.

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
In my opinion I don't think it will but you might want to check out Scots site I think he has some ideas on weight there. But I have seen many with 4 towers in a RTT, some have gone to 6 towers.
Could you tell me how tall these towers are? Or how much clearance you have from the bed?
Thanks!

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
12”

Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
According to Scot,

"200 lbs (4 towers) is the dynamic or weight in moment rating. Parked in camp, will have no problem supporting the tent with occupants.

We normally go a 4 towers / 2 crossbars for 56" wide RTTs and 6 towers / 3 crossbars for 72" wide."

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 JKU Moab
Occupation
VP of Finance
I spoke to Scott last week and asked the same thing. He said the current version does not work with the factory tonneau cover - the bracket is not wide enough. He did say he is working on a second version that should clear the factory cover. He is keeping a list of interested people for the new version and added my name. May be worth giving him a shout. As much as I want this setup I really need to use my factory cover.

Sponsored

rickrogan

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I spoke to Scott last week and asked the same thing. He said the current version does not work with the factory tonneau cover - the bracket is not wide enough. He did say he is working on a second version that should clear the factory cover. He is keeping a list of interested people for the new version and added my name. May be worth giving him a shout. As much as I want this setup I really need to use my factory cover.
Got it. Looking at the zoomed picture, I can see that it would be a tight. I'll reach out to him when I get a chance. Thanks for the info.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Hoping it works with factory roll top tonneau as that is what I bought it for. I will test fit before I paint it this weekend. Pretty sure I have seen pics with it fitting.

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VP of Finance
Definitely let us know. My factory cover extends completely over the sides where it looks (hopefully I’m wrong) like the current brackets only go about halfway over the sides of the bed. Would love to see pics when you have it all together!

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Definitely let us know. My factory cover extends completely over the sides where it looks (hopefully I’m wrong) like the current brackets only go about halfway over the sides of the bed. Would love to see pics when you have it all together!
I'm hoping that if I steer clear of the support members, I can get it to flex enough to get past the support pillars. My Builltright rail system is delayed due to UPS BS, so I may not be able to test final fit for another week, as I can't do final mount until then.

Rupicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
VP of Finance
Waiting is the hardest part! Can’t wait to see your setup.
Sponsored