Sponsored

Do mud flaps make a difference (protect my driver's door handle from road grit/mud)?

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
i got a good 'open box' deal on a 4 set of Husky mudflaps #17101 (non-specific vehicle) steel uppers and 1/2" rubber on the bottom, i will have to mod them to fit, waiting on better weather to install. WT and RBz were out of my price range up here.
Sponsored

Y-Guy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
With the last round of snow we had and how much junk was sprayed all over my Jeep I broke down and bought a set of WeatherTech flaps. Install of the rears was a breeze, the fronts were pretty easy except for one nut/bolt... always has to be one ;) May consider installing the recon fenders, just not sure those will provide the coverage without a different running boards.

Jeep Gladiator Do mud flaps make a difference (protect my driver's door handle from road grit/mud)? IMG_2896

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
If your tires pocke out a bit, you might wanna supplement mud guards with fender extenders.

Jeep Gladiator Do mud flaps make a difference (protect my driver's door handle from road grit/mud)? IMG_1719

Jeep Gladiator Do mud flaps make a difference (protect my driver's door handle from road grit/mud)? IMG_1724

Chaos Theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Was about to buy the Rokblokz... Had them in my cart and already thought they were overpriced, but then they tack on another $12 for "shipping protection". That's an absolute scam, so I'm looking at others. $12 won't break me, but it's the principle.

I like the look of the Weathertechs, and have had them on previous vehicles. They are technically removable-- like everything else on this vehicle. ;)

There's a lot 3rd party stuff that isn't bad, either. Just because they don't gouge you with a name fee, doesn't mean they won't keep debris off your vehicle. They're mudflaps. This isn't rocket science.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
If your tires pocke out a bit, you might wanna supplement mud guards with fender extenders.

Jeep Gladiator Do mud flaps make a difference (protect my driver's door handle from road grit/mud)? IMG_1724

What brand are these fender extenders? I do have slight tire poke due to my offset and still get an occasional door hinge chip. Thanks!

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Here is another website that sells them. They do specify Rubicon or Mojave with standard rock rails. Also look at the pics. If yours don't look like these, they may have sent you the incorrect ones.

WeatherTech Mudflap for the 2020-2023 Rubicon & Mojave Gladiator JT* - JustForJeeps.com
😳 thanks! After some YouTube & this forum, I did a late night Amazon binge 😅. Also, I was in the middle of an insurance claim…. Some bumper car driving lady HIT my parked Jeep when it was 2 months old 🤨. So I never got around to installing or trying to several months later…

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Less than 1K on my JTR and definitely feeling the need for these. Black shows everything and I like mine staying shiny. thanks for all the recommendations here. WTs do look a bit more "factory" to me so I will probably give those a try first.

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Vette Conv., 03 Harley Heritage Springer
The ones for the Rubicon work perfectly since the standard rock rails are identical to the Mojave. IF you have optional heavy-duty rails or side steps, they will not work.
Weathertech does work perfectly with the Mopar side steps.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Weathertech does work perfectly with the Mopar side steps.
Mine have a pocket for the rock rails. I didn't realize they would allow enough clearance from the optional side steps. Duly noted! :)

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Vette Conv., 03 Harley Heritage Springer
Mine have a pocket for the rock rails. I didn't realize they would allow enough clearance from the optional side steps. Duly noted! :)
Yes I was pretty impressed with the care WeatherTech did to give us some nice flaps that fit a Rubicon and factory side steps. I'm a long time customer of theirs. Easy install too. Great design.

sns1294

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD
I'm a fan of the Weathertechs.

I had them on the front on my '20 JLUR and they did the job at keeping the door handles clean even from slinging some mud off-roading. They also held up to trail runs in Ouray/Silverton Colorado and multiple SMORR trips in SW Missouri. 3 years of use with no issues.

I went with front and rears on the JTRD because of the longer rear overhang of the bed.
Sponsored