Sponsored

Do we know when the Ecodiesel will be released?

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Information I obtained today from a high volume Jeep dealer manager with what he says as direct communication states he was told February of 2020. I may go for the 3.6L.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s not early, but works for me! Now letā€™s see pricing!
Well it was suppose to be late availability so Feb isn't really that late. I was thinking May-June.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Sign me up....

Not so funny story, a guy I know has a 2017 F350. It's a pretty kick-ass truck. He was in a hurry and mistakenly dumped a bottle of DEF into his fuel tank.
He realized what he did so he called the dealer. They told him not to start it and to have it towed in.

Unfortunately they had to turn the key on to get it in neutral....which then started the pumps.

The dealer had to put in a whole new fuel system.... $13,000!!!! He was able to claim it on his insurance for being a dumbass and he only had to pay $250.

Be careful with the diesel set up Jeep will have the DEF right next to the diesel tank just like the Ford

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sign me up....

Not so funny story, a guy I know has a 2017 F350. It's a pretty kick-ass truck. He was in a hurry and mistakenly dumped a bottle of DEF into his fuel tank.
He realized what he did so he called the dealer. They told him not to start it and to have it towed in.

Unfortunately they had to turn the key on to get it in neutral....which then started the pumps.

The dealer had to put in a whole new fuel system.... $13,000!!!! He was able to claim it on his insurance for being a dumbass and he only had to pay $250.

Be careful with the diesel set up Jeep will have the DEF right next to the diesel tank just like the Ford
Sorry for your dumbass friend. :CWL:

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Well it was suppose to be late availability so Feb isn't really that late. I was thinking May-June.
Have we not been hearing ā€˜calendar yearā€™ 2020 all along? Being able to order in the Second month would be a minor miracle!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sign me up....

Yes, if I'm not mistaken that's the Bosch CP.4 injection pump....same one the EcoDiesel uses...and they are VERY expensive systems. They will die on their own even without DEF mistakingly being put in the tank. The low lubricity of U.S. diesel fuel kills the pumps over time. This is one reason I didn't wait around for the diesel. I don't have the time or money to be fighting ultra-expensive diesel maintenance and repairs at this point in my life.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have we not been hearing ā€˜calendar yearā€™ 2020 all along? Being able to order in the Second month would be a minor miracle!
That it happens at all will be a miracle! Been waiting 10 years or so...

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have figured all along that FCA is delaying the EcoDiesel's return because of all the issues they're dealing with. Yes, this upcoming engine is a revised version, but it's still the same engine with the same bottom-end and will have the potential for the same headaches. I think FCA is treading lightly here.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
We have a 2014 GC Ecodiesel that we bought new. It is primarily my wifeā€™s vehicle. We had the flash done in June and have completed all the paperwork and still have not received our checks...Jeep says itā€™s in the pipeline....

As far as drivability goes there is a noticeable lag, particularly when cold but to some extent even when warm then when it kicks in it will snap you head back...canā€™t see how this is good for fuel economy which we didnā€™t check.

Kind of disappointed and the main reason weā€™re getting a gas Gladiator.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I have figured all along that FCA is delaying the EcoDiesel's return because of all the issues they're dealing with. Yes, this upcoming engine is a revised version, but it's still the same engine with the same bottom-end and will have the potential for the same headaches. I think FCA is treading lightly here.

Similar. we do not know if it will have the same headaches or not. Hope not, Hope they did learn from the past.

Also hope they are smart enough not to try and charge $4500 when Chevy is asking $2500 for their new 3.0 Diesel. and also try and Charge another $2K for auto trans on top of it..... That would really chap my ass.

I personally don't care if it's delayed until summer 2020 - gives me more time to build my stash for DP.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
FCA is under Tremendous pressure to put out a KickAss product now that their competitors each have a small diesel. I like to think they are taking their time to get the engineering right. Itā€™s funny that guys keep popping in to this forum after they went & bought a gas JT, sometimes it almost seems like they want the eco diesel to fail? Our GC 3.0 has been awesome & I ainā€™t skeered to buy a JT diesel. I can wait until mid-year next year at the latest, but will order as soon as Its available (soon as I figure out Gobi vs Gator).
Sponsored