First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I don't like how when you shift back and forth between 2H and 4H and traction control is off it automatically engages. I have a Tazer but don't see where that can be remedied.
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'm almost certain my JT User's Manual specifically says to shift the automatic transmission into neutral in order to shift in to 4L. I did it instinctively since my previous Jeeps were the the same way, but I was reviewing the manual and saw it spelled out.
Just did this on my way home last night in my snowy (still, go figures) neighborhood and OMG it was so smooth to transfer in lol. This is a life saver, ty!.

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
*Waves*

I am a new Gladiator owner living outside of DC. We just picked it up at the end of November, so I have yet to enjoy any off-roading adventures. Also, I'm a pretty scrappy female with two shoulder surgeries under my belt. We were warned that shifting into 4H or L would be "tight," and my husband tried it once to make sure that it worked. He said that he really had to put his body into it. Does it loosen up the more you do it, or am I destined to struggle here?

Thanks for the help - hope everyone is safe out there in this crazy weather.
Hi! I'm a new Gladiator owner too - my dealer recommended shifting in and out of 2H/4H a couple of times, and it is MUCH easier now. The first couple of times, I'm glad I was stopped, because I would have been driving up over the curb from the effort. It's still a little bit of an effort, but I can get in and out of 4H while in motion now. I think I tried 4L for fun once, but I haven't needed to drive in 4L yet.

that_gladiator_kid16

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sports S
Occupation
Part time docksman
Vehicle Showcase
*Waves*

I am a new Gladiator owner living outside of DC. We just picked it up at the end of November, so I have yet to enjoy any off-roading adventures. Also, I'm a pretty scrappy female with two shoulder surgeries under my belt. We were warned that shifting into 4H or L would be "tight," and my husband tried it once to make sure that it worked. He said that he really had to put his body into it. Does it loosen up the more you do it, or am I destined to struggle here?

Thanks for the help - hope everyone is safe out there in this crazy weather.
shifting into 4H Gets easier with practice and i when form struggling to do it to doing it on the fly at 10-15 MPH ( don't do it over 20MPH) however 4L is a whole other beast in its own. I get scared sometimes cuz it makes a loud crack like if the whole underside just got hit with a bolder and its a pain to put it into 4L so i would say don't do that unless necessary however shifting back to 2H is very easy. Have fun and hope this helps.

that_gladiator_kid16

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Part time docksman
Vehicle Showcase
shifting into 4H Gets easier with practice and i when form struggling to do it to doing it on the fly at 10-15 MPH ( don't do it over 20MPH) however 4L is a whole other beast in its own. I get scared sometimes cuz it makes a loud crack like if the whole underside just got hit with a bolder and its a pain to put it into 4L so i would say don't do that unless necessary however shifting back to 2H is very easy. Have fun and hope this helps.
i also forgot to ask what type of offroading you are planing on doing

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ash1471

Ash1471

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
i also forgot to ask what type of offroading you are planing on doing
This is a good question! I am not sure yet: mainly we wanted this vehicle for the all-purpose practicality it offers. We plan to move to more rural, homestead living once our teens fly the nest. Also, most off-road trails probably aren't great for me, because I have the neck of a newborn baby, and it has already been fused once. So, lots of jarred bouncing is off-limits. Any suggestions? (I feel like this should be another thread, lol)

that_gladiator_kid16

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Part time docksman
Vehicle Showcase
This is a good question! I am not sure yet: mainly we wanted this vehicle for the all-purpose practicality it offers. We plan to move to more rural, homestead living once our teens fly the nest. Also, most off-road trails probably aren't great for me, because I have the neck of a newborn baby, and it has already been fused once. So, lots of jarred bouncing is off-limits. Any suggestions? (I feel like this should be another thread, lol)
well i whould say do some beach and sand driveing its light on the bouncing and its super fun

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I've never shifted any of my Jeeps in to 4H or 4L while moving. Especially 4L. Never had a problem.

Takes some force though. No grinding, just a good tug.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I shifted into 4H on the move today. It was simple. Just pull and click and that was it.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I don't like how when you shift back and forth between 2H and 4H and traction control is off it automatically engages. I have a Tazer but don't see where that can be remedied.
Just by using the TC kill option. But then you'll have to restart to get abs back and the lights off the dash.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I always put my tranny into N to shift into 4L, it's the way it's been for every 4x4 I've ever had going back as old as a 72 model year

The shifting into 4H gets a little easier, and it's much easier if you're moving
Sponsored