Sponsored

Don't Open Your Email From Quadratec! (It'll Cost You)

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
90% of things on their web site seem to show as out of stock too
Don't worry, half the things that are labeled in stock are out of stock too!
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I like Northridge as well but I've never had a bad experience receiving anything from Quadratecs or had bad customer service from them. Not sure where all the hate comes from, both are good companies to deal with. Like I said before on another thread if you want to know for sure if something is in stock then call Quadratecs directly and they will tell you. I don't trust anybody's website anymore. I always to confirm when I'm buying something from any place.
Call quadratec directly he said. Good customer service he inferred.

I don't have 35 minutes to spend on hold to find out if an item is in stock.

Also i don't want to order something once, have it shipped to me and be charged for it twice, then have to call 5 times (minimum half hour hold each time) to get it resolved.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Call quadratec directly he said. Good customer service he inferred.

I don't have 35 minutes to spend on hold to find out if an item is in stock.

Also i don't want to order something once, have it shipped to me and be charged for it twice, then have to call 5 times (minimum half hour hold each time) to get it resolved.
I've never been on the phone more than 5 or 10 minutes with them and I always get through either through online chat or calling directly, or asking on this forum directly. I have never spent 35 minutes on the phone with them or have I had them charge me twice. Sorry you had a bad experience but I never have and have order numerous things in the past from them.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've never been on the phone more than 5 or 10 minutes with them and I always get through either through online chat or calling directly, or asking on this forum directly. I have never spent 35 minutes on the phone with them or have I had them charge me twice. Sorry you had a bad experience but I never have and have order numerous things in the past from them.
I agree my experiences can't be everyone's. Simply put if they treated everyone the way I got treated they'd be out of business. But it was bad.

The order I referenced was already my "okay ill give then one last chance" order and it was 5 wheels. They showed up 33% heavier than advertised with different center caps, I was charged the wrong price, I was charged twice, and 10 wheels showed up. When they finally sent me an RMA I took the 5 extra wheels and drove em to a FedEx store only to he told the RMA only covered one wheel. Since I didn't want to load up 200lbs back in my truck to bring back another day I had to spend over an hour in the fedex store on the phone (mostly holding) to get it sorted out.

Legally if someone double charges you and/or ships you something you didn't order you're entitled to a refund for the extra items without returning them. I tried to be honorable and get them back to them, but it involved almost 4 hours on the phone and a lot of bullshit, and when all was said and done they didn't even offer a half assed apology or a credit to entice a future order. So be it, never again

Last edited:

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It isn't hate. It's awareness.

A MOPAR part that is $500 at Quadratec will be like $330 on BAM.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I've probably bought 70% of my upgrades from Northridge, but last I checked, they only pricematched for a limited time.
Quadratec still pricematches.
I like both those places, but buy my parts whereever is best for me or where I can get it at that time.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Here's an example. 240a alternator....oh shit discounted from 500$ at Quadratec!!! Only $429 !!! Hurry!!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/alternator-jl-jt-3.6l

Wait nevermind.....it is $330 all year at BAM...

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-alternator-56029803aa
Nobody said it was cheaper to shop with them we just said we haven't had a bad experience with them like some. I'm not disregarding anyone's poor experience that may have happened or prices. If you can get it cheaper somewhere else then buy it there, I know I will. Quadratec has been in the game for a while for a reason so someone is buying them at their price.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
we haven't had a bad experience with them like some
I understand. I wouldn't stop shopping at qtec if you had a bad experience, and there is no reason for me to expect other people to stop shopping there because I had a bad experience. I'm not sharing to dissuade others who like the Q, i'm sharing so that people who already had a bad experience and are maybe on the fence about giving it another go have a frame of reference to know that: A) they are not alone and B) it might happen again.

Qtec are not scamming anyone, they just made mistakes. Mistakes are okay if they are infrequent or corrected. But in my case I feel like it happened on too many orders, and there seems to be zero interest in fixing the problem or even apologizing for it.

To relate it to my line of work: Sometimes you find worms in broccoli. It happens. Factories try their best and do everything they can, but no matter how hard you try, when you're buying 3 million pounds a year of broccoli, there's going to be worms. BUT, if one factory kept having worms on a repeated basis and I asked them for a settlement against a claim with a corrective action plan, and their response was "No discount and no corrective action plan" then that's a factory i'd have to stop doing business with.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
So people knowingly like to pay 35% more? Ok I understand.

Crutchfield is still in business too I guess. They sell $5,000 TV's that you can buy for $2999 at Costco. The customer service must be worth that extra 2k.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Don't Open Your Email From Quadratec! (It'll Cost You) 1674833586713

Jeep Gladiator Don't Open Your Email From Quadratec! (It'll Cost You) 1674833586713

Just lol. I love that Quadratec is over MSRP.
True but they are still in business and have been for many many years and yes people buy their stuff. A few people not shopping with them aren't going to force them out of business.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
True but they are still in business and have been for many many years and yes people buy their stuff. A few people not shopping with them aren't going to force them out of business.
No one is trying to force them out of business. I'm just making sure others know they're paying 50% more at Quadratec.

Last edited:

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler
Hello Jim,

I am very sorry to see this, and that you had this experience. If you could please PM me your order information or account number and the phone number that you contacted from I would like to look into this and have management involved to see what has happened with this order. You should not have been treated the way you were and it is unacceptable. We strive to have the best customer service in the industry and this will be handled. We do not want this to happen to anyone else, and I want to see this get made right with you. Again, I am very sorry for your experience that you have had.

Thank you,
Rebecca
Sponsored