First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
I really like this bumper too, but with the JTRD, I think the winch location is too high for cooling inefficiencies. FML.
I wouldn’t worry to much with that bumper and cooling issues. I run a 8274 and haven’t had a single cooling issue on any of the Jeeps I’ve owned
This was roughly 7000lbs
Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! FE8C9436-A7A3-45DE-802F-64B7BBF14A69
Sponsored

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
I wouldn’t worry to much with that bumper and cooling issues. I run a 8274 and haven’t had a single cooling issue on any of the Jeeps I’ve owned
This was roughly 7000lbs
Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! FE8C9436-A7A3-45DE-802F-64B7BBF14A69

I like that look!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP can think what he wants. I don't want any stock parts...they go in the trash or sold if they have any value. There's no situation where I am using them again.

My wife is short too (5-1). And I have 2 Jeeps on 39s and lifted. She's on her own, lol.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP can think what he wants. I don't want any stock parts...they go in the trash or sold if they have any value. There's no situation where I am using them again.

My wife is short too (5-1). And I have 2 Jeeps on 39s and lifted. She's on her own, lol.
Different here - like I said - if I trade the dealers want them back to stock in most cases. You either pull the parts off the shelf, or go buy them.
Jeep buyers mostly like blank slates - I don't want to buy your Jeep with the mods you did to your taste (not aimed at ANY member, just speaking in general terms)
And that's exactly what a couple of dealers have told me - they don't like taking personalized Jeeps in on trade because it drastically limits their audience. I'd have to undo so much of what the prior owner did, sorry, I'll start fresh with no mods. So if I bought used, I'd want it put back to stock first.

In my garage is a set of Rubicon take-off springs and shocks I took back off my first JT, the original bumper from this one, front receiver, a whole cabinet of parts, and stuff in the loft.
I may end up with a second plastic bumper as my wife asked me about a steel bumper for her JLU - and painting it PURPLE. If I do that, it's also getting DiodeDynamics fog lights.

While Mick Jagger wanted it all painted black, my wife wants it all painted purple.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Different here - like I said - if I trade the dealers want them back to stock in most cases. You either pull the parts off the shelf, or go buy them.
Jeep buyers mostly like blank slates - I don't want to buy your Jeep with the mods you did to your taste (not aimed at ANY member, just speaking in general terms)
And that's exactly what a couple of dealers have told me - they don't like taking personalized Jeeps in on trade because it drastically limits their audience. I'd have to undo so much of what the prior owner did, sorry, I'll start fresh with no mods. So if I bought used, I'd want it put back to stock first.

In my garage is a set of Rubicon take-off springs and shocks I took back off my first JT, the original bumper from this one, front receiver, a whole cabinet of parts, and stuff in the loft.
I may end up with a second plastic bumper as my wife asked me about a steel bumper for her JLU - and painting it PURPLE. If I do that, it's also getting DiodeDynamics fog lights.

While Mick Jagger wanted it all painted black, my wife wants it all painted purple.
I definitely get it. For me I am not ever selling them. But I did have an exception a couple years ago...and you are right...so guess what? I swapped all the stock parts from my NEW Jeep and put the Old Jeeps mods onto the new Jeep. I did leave the lift on the silver Jeep. Everything else was swapped. Which was a lot of parts. Both Jeeps are missing bumpers because I left a lot of parts at home that I took off the night before.

Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! 119237536_10218646513377073_6023445978706464257_n

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely get it. For me I am not ever selling them. But I did have an exception a couple years ago...and you are right...so guess what? I swapped all the stock parts from my NEW Jeep and put the Old Jeeps mods onto the new Jeep. I did leave the lift on the silver Jeep. Everything else was swapped. Which was a lot of parts. Both Jeeps are missing bumpers because I left a lot of parts at home that I took off the night before.

Jeep Gladiator Dont throw anything away!! 119237536_10218646513377073_6023445978706464257_n
I am getting to the point where my wife is asking "what am I going to do with all of this stuff........." and for the AMC parts, I have an arrangement with a friend who I've asked to come in and sell or otherwise dispose of the parts, and in exchange he gets choice of tools, parts, and one of my cars. My wife doesn't want any of it.
For the Jeep stuff - it's new enough and so far not taking too much space so it stays.
I'm to the point that for my car stuff, if someone needs something I sometimes just end up sending it to them. A guy wanted an OEM wiring harness for a 1968 Javelin radio - I happened to have one in my tub of wiring parts. I cleaned it up, and mailed it to him. Time to do some clean-up. I'll never use all of the stuff I had even if I spent every single day in my shop sun-up to sun-down.

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Too late for me... replaced the stock Mojave front bumper and proceeded to place it in the trash after stripping it from what I needed...

I also have a set of factory rails in the garage... I will place them in the forum section in case anyone locally needs them...

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Too late for me... replaced the stock Mojave front bumper and proceeded to place it in the trash after stripping it from what I needed...

I also have a set of factory rails in the garage... I will place them in the forum section in case anyone locally needs them...
Yeah, the factory Overland (same as mojave/Rubi plastic) was damaged from light contact with a rock... so no real loss there. I do still have the stock springs/shocks though, and the bumper ends for the Jeep Steel bumper I put on... although I'd need to paint the end-caps to match the bumper...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Too late for me...
Yeah, it probably is.
You are already down the Jeep rabbit hole. If you look in the dictionary under "black hole" you see the words "Jeep", "Gladiator" and "Wrangler".
Sorry, there's little hope at this point. Too late.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

You guys actually get rid of your spare parts? Where can I learn this sort of power, my lawn care shed has more Jeep parts than lawn items at this point!
Funny. I used to keep stuff but now I either sell or trash everything so I have space and peace. Stuff is always in Craigslist and forums if I need it.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.
So far only $190... when I get around to getting another winch bumper $1k or so
Not horrible, but still inconvenient :( Hope you get your ride looking the way you want soon!

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport Ford F-150
Occupation
Gas inspector
I run the same bumper truck full width with Kenda klever 35s no problems at all on stock rubicon.. with rubicon rims

00798759-E423-479D-B3F7-A0C713075F15.jpeg
Sponsored