First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
I have a Willy's Sport w/ a 3.5" uConnect (soft)...

In all seriousness though I'm happy with the Willy's. In hind sight though I wish I opted for a Sport package with Max Tow. I don't own an RV right now but I do hope to in the next few years and know re-gearing and eco swapping axles is gonna cost a lot more than Black wheels, a black grill, and all terrain tires... Like anyone else though I only put extra thought after my purchase
Right on, I was specifically looking for Max Tow to pull my teardrop across the country and maybe play on the trails a while. Also, didn’t want to worry about me and Rendezvous getting stuck. I’m super glad it was gobi and all terrain tires. I’ll upgrade bigger tires when these wear out.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Mojave - couldn’t afford modern raptor

Man take me out to dinner before you f**k me…

Ingram81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Overland 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Gladiator Rubicon - perfect for the weekends with Dad driving and the dogs in the back seat heading up to the mountains.

Wrangler High Altitude 4xe - All the stuff she wants and smooth as silk to head to the grocery store and on the highway trips.

20220508_121712.jpg
20220414_115138.jpg
20220305_173438.jpg

(Toyota Corolla to get to that work thing)
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless that TOYO is a hybrid shouldn't you be better off MPG with the 4xe? Probably depending on the type of commute... I for one (I work as an engineer at an EV manufacturer) was quite disappointed with what came out of the hype of Jeep making a hybrid. What I could see happening is Jeep making a full EV...IF...BIG IF...the public would be ok with sacrificing some of the rear storage space. For me putting the pack(s) under the rear seat where I have my child seats was a non-starter because I heard by doing so it cut down on the head clearance vs a non-4xe. And child seats are stupid big.

IMHO - one could take a JT, load a crap ton of packs in the rear with appropriate suspension and have a true EV. I'm not stating this model should be off road without serious suspension consideration but the range...omg.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless that TOYO is a hybrid shouldn't you be better off MPG with the 4xe? Probably depending on the type of commute... I for one (I work as an engineer at an EV manufacturer) was quite disappointed with what came out of the hype of Jeep making a hybrid. What I could see happening is Jeep making a full EV...IF...BIG IF...the public would be ok with sacrificing some of the rear storage space. For me putting the pack(s) under the rear seat where I have my child seats was a non-starter because I heard by doing so it cut down on the head clearance vs a non-4xe. And child seats are stupid big.

IMHO - one could take a JT, load a crap ton of packs in the rear with appropriate suspension and have a true EV. I'm not stating this model should be off road without serious suspension consideration but the range...omg.
And then attach solar panels on the roof, and you'd be set to go forever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mister Lamb

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator

It was a very underwhelming attempt by FCA. Ford set a decent standard with their hybrid F-150. People have gotten over 600 miles on a single tank.

Ingram81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Eh not so much. Solar panels for the sq ft on the roof wont charge that amount of pack unless you want to leave it parked for a while. Think like trickle charging...A long while. But being able to plug into a charge station would be great.

Ingram81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It was a very underwhelming attempt by FCA. Ford set a decent standard with their hybrid F-150. People have gotten over 600 miles on a single tank.
Oh I agree. It was a quarter a$$ idea I think to say OH look we too have a hybrid...:facepalm:

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven

I wish , its a long commute and no where to plug in at work. Also its hers and I'd rather put the kms on the toyota. A coworker has one doing the same commute and has over 400k kms trouble free ....

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Gladiator, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Boeing
Sport: For the minimalist that don’t need a bunch of fancy features

Willy's Sport: Still For the For the The people that don’t want all the fancy features and a couple add-ons are nice

Sport S: For for the people that realized having a sport and reaching across the seat to roll the passenger window down sucks

Altitude: For the person that wanted a Willy‘s but this is what the dealer had

Willys: for our veteran friends thank you! and those who want something slightly different than a sport

Overland: For those who want a touch of luxury in the dash

Rubicon: For those who want to crawl over a Prius straight off the lot

Mojave: for those who want to crawl over another Prius but run like hell afterwards through the desert

High Altitude

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Leather seats,8.4 inch infotainment, painted grill, factory plastic steps,power windows and locks.
Regular Willys has power locks/windows. It's the base Willys Sport does not (like the regular sport vs sport S). I looked at the Jeep site, the seats in the Texas Trail look awesome! I'm from Texas originally, so I can appreciate a special Texas edition. All trucks absolutely have to have one
Sponsored