Eco diesel or max tow

GusGus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator ECO Diesel
Yes, I believe all Gladiators have next gen D44s, the Max Tow, & gas Rubicon got widetrack, Mojave got widetrack with cast iron knuckles. Not advertised, but discovered by early diesel orders was that diesels were all getting the cast iron knuckles as well.
So is this the case with the 2022? A diesel Willys will have same axles as Rubicon and the Cast Iron knuckles as well?
Sponsored

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
So is this the case with the 2022? A diesel Willys will have same axles as Rubicon and the Cast Iron knuckles as well?
As far as I've seen, but not publicized, all diesel JTs have gotten cast knuckles.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
As far as I've seen, but not publicized, all diesel JTs have gotten cast knuckles.
Cast vs?
Ohh and as far as the Diesel.....love mine. Sport S don't tow.....yet. but I don't need to toe much either. Plus when not towing the diesel gets way better fuel mileage. I've driven both. The gasser searches for gears even going up overpasses at 75. My diesel barely kicks down to 7th going from 4100' to over 7k.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Cast vs?
Ohh and as far as the Diesel.....love mine. Sport S don't tow.....yet. but I don't need to toe much either. Plus when not towing the diesel gets way better fuel mileage. I've driven both. The gasser searches for gears even going up overpasses at 75. My diesel barely kicks down to 7th going from 4100' to over 7k.
Ecodiesel appear to get the same cast iron knuckles as the Mojave, vs cast aluminum in all other models, including gas Rubicon.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My diesel built this past summer has cast iron knuckle as mentioned and also the iron steering gear housing. I've seen gas ones on the lots that have an aluminum steering gear.
Sponsored