OP

ckmarble

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Those are normal voltages for a fully charged battery. We have smart alternators that only charge when conditions are correct
Commodus, thanks for verifying what I suspected in the end. My Gladiator has been running great since the replacement of the Z case high amp fuse array. The lower voltage (~12.7v) displayed on the battery was normal.

In the end the issue was resolved with a $60 part (high amp fuse array) that was easily replaceable.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help troubleshooting. I love the Jeep community and the help everyone gives to one another.
Sponsored

Killinbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jt rubi
Occupation
Retired
Just because one person had their Jeep at a dealership for weeks and paid thousands doesn't mean you would. Some dealer shops know stuff, others just keep digging and checking and replacing until they finally get it right.

You can have both batteries tested in the Jeep - pull the cable from the top of the IBS, take the two cables apart - separate them. One goes to the chassis ground, the other is the ground cable for the aux battery. You can charge the aux by clipping onto the top of the main battery positive and to the ground cable that goes down to the aux battery.
You can charge the main battery by clipping to the main positive and to the negative battery post.
Normally, if the Jeep didn't have problems, you'd only ever charge through the top of the IBS, but when trying to get things reset and starting over, you disconnect the IBS and set it aside - that resets it when it's disconnected for 10 to 15 seconds or so, and you charge direct to the battery.

If the charger isn't getting them fully charged - there are honestly only 3 possibilities - and don't take offense as we all make boo-boos, (it's just that when I do, it's a WHOPPER!)
1. User error - connecting to the wrong place or don't have batteries isolated
2. Charger error - it's not an AGM charger or has a problem.
3. Battery problem - can't be charged due to battery issue
and those are in no particular order!
It was under warranty… I pd zero

Killinbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jt rubi
Occupation
Retired
It worked for about 2 months then started going nuts again…. Traded it off

dzinrmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Galdiator Rubicon
Unfortunately 2020 Rubicon gladiator just experienced this same problem last week. Totally dead after warning on dash. Nothing works, dealer has vehicle, can't even hook computer up to it to see faults. I have 43,500 miles.

They replaced auxiliary battery 3 weeks ago and Jeep ran fine till last thursday, then just quit. Jeep is in Kearney Mesa Jeep in San Diego
Sponsored