Engine detailing?

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I rinse mine off and when it’s dry I spray on chemical guy’s black to black and it looks new again great stuff

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Just washed mine a couple weeks ago, used some Gunk spray on the greasy oily areas and a soft brush then rinsed off with the hose with a soft spray and wiped everything down with 303. Looks pretty good for over a year old with 20k miles and going through a New England winter. I spray the exposed fasteners with fluid film to prevent rust and corrosion.

513AED54-6F9D-4CD7-A247-EE4FC41CB31A.jpeg

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just washed mine a couple weeks ago, used some Gunk spray on the greasy oily areas and a soft brush then rinsed off with the hose with a soft spray and wiped everything down with 303. Looks pretty good for over a year old with 20k miles and going through a New England winter. I spray the exposed fasteners with fluid film to prevent rust and corrosion.

Jeep Gladiator Engine detailing? 513AED54-6F9D-4CD7-A247-EE4FC41CB31A
Perfect!

Reactions: Mac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Do you take any special precautions when cleaning around the alternator?

I read one story...that's it, just one story, of a guy ruining his alternator, and I need to clean my engine after some trail riding lol

Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician

I read one story...that's it, just one story, of a guy ruining his alternator, and I need to clean my engine after some trail riding lol
You can cover the alternator with a plastic bag if you want

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I didn’t do anything special, I just didn’t spray a ton of water on the alternator, I had read about someone having issues with an alternator when it got wet but might have been more to the story.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
When I was a teenager working at a dealership washing cars we used to spray the pressure washer under the hood and were instructed to do so while the engine was running.

While I would not really recommend doing that, we never destroyed anything leading me to believe modern cars are pretty hardy.

What I personally do is use wet rags and wipe things down. Then dry it with another rag. I try to avoid any harsh cleaners. If you stay on top of it usually the wet rag will handle it.

Shortly after getting my car I had my cousin's shop PPF and Ceramic Coat it. His guys detailed under the hood and ceramic coated all the big plastic shields and stuff. Not that the M2 sees a lot of dirt or anything, but it does always look spotless under there. I might do the same for the Gladiator when I finally get it. The ceramic really makes cleaning it a breeze.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Purple Power + Power Sprayer (insert caution) + Adam's Back to Black spray if you want really wet look... otherwise Adams VRT for dry shine

PXL_20210715_173403282.jpg

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, what is all that extra electrical? Looks vulnerable to salt spray if you are an area where they use it.

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'd assume most engines are probably sealed from water pretty well. My engine bay took on way more water than I'd like earlier this year in AZ. Definitely shouldn't have drove through the "puddle" I went through, but there have been zero electrical ramifications. I don't think a spray bottle and scrub would pose much risk, but I'm no mechanic.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow, after seeing such a clean engine, I guess I better get after mine :LOL: (J/K).

Jeep Gladiator Engine detailing? engine.JPG
I'm in the same boat you are :LOL: I know what I'm doing this weekend.