First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jack of all tirades
I did this about a year ago. The exhaust volume went up so slightly it was barely noticeable. The clearance and aesthetics are better in my opinion.
Sponsored

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'm interested to hear the suitcase and rear resonator cut out together.

I've heard removing the suitcase is a negligible sound difference, but curious to hear both removed. From everything Ive heard, the front res has to stay to reduce drone.
I think Magnaflow has a system that does this. But it would be cheaper to do it to the stock exhaust, assuming it doesn’t sound like a 1997 civic hatchback...

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has a very slight grumble (for lack of a better term). Mostly when you get off the gas. I also have a snorkel and I modified my air intake tube (removed the sound baffle chambers) so that might be adding to the better tone??
Sound baffle chambers?! What are they and where are they located?! đź‘€

Sponsored

OP
OP
BearDog

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
OP
OP
BearDog

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
Yea, I may do something like that. Haven't decided yet.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Sound baffle chambers?! What are they and where are they located?! đź‘€
I don’t have a picture at the moment, but between the air filter box and the throttle body there is an intake tube. On that you will see a couple weird chambers that go nowhere. I believe the technical name is air intake resonators. That’s what the aftermarket companies estimate to give that throaty sound when you get on it. They also charge stupid prices and suck all the warm air from the engine compartment and call it a cold air intake???
Anyway, I cut those off of my intake tube and sealed it back up. My intake is obviously installed so I can’t really get a good picture of it. It kinda looks like the pic I attached but with one or two resonator tubes on it.

B2562D92-ED23-40E6-AF63-D0018C89ED93.png

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have a picture at the moment, but between the air filter box and the throttle body there is an intake tube. On that you will see a couple weird chambers that go nowhere. I believe the technical name is air intake resonators. That’s what the aftermarket companies estimate to give that throaty sound when you get on it. They also charge stupid prices and suck all the warm air from the engine compartment and call it a cold air intake???
Anyway, I cut those off of my intake tube and sealed it back up. My intake is obviously installed so I can’t really get a good picture of it. It kinda looks like the pic I attached but with one or two resonator tubes on it.

B2562D92-ED23-40E6-AF63-D0018C89ED93.png
Sweet...thanks for the explanation!!

What did you use to seal it up?

Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician

After you cut them off, you have plenty of material to use for the repair. I cut pieces from the resonator scraps that were slightly larger than the hole that was left. Used JB plastic weld. Scuff up the surface a little so the weld can get a good bond. It isn’t the most attractive mod, but you can’t really notice it unless you’re looking for it. What’s left is a couple bumps where the resonator tubes were. I guess you could sand it a little to make it look better?
This is the third vehicle that I have done this to. The first one was my tundra with the 5.7 and the second was my Cherokee. I never had any fall apart, but….Disclaimer: your results my very.
I used a hose clamp to hold the piece on while the JB dried then applied more around the edges to insure no leaks.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I did this about a year ago. The exhaust volume went up so slightly it was barely noticeable. The clearance and aesthetics are better in my opinion.
Any ECU issues?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

It costs a little more, but the Mopar CAI does the same thing. It gives you a larger straight air tube and a new top for the filter box. Both have all the noise baffling removed.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I cut everything off after the resonator. Added a 12in long tail pipe to the resonator with turn down. It's a little louder when past 50% throttle which is fine. Cruising on the highway at 75 there's minimal increase in volume.
Sponsored