Expanding crack on windshield. Options?

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Hey all. Unfortunately my windshield has cracked and is expanding daily. It is a matter of time before it goes all the way to the bottom. Is this something that can be repaired or am I looking at a new windshield? I called warranty (max coverage) and they wont cover it. Thanks in advance for your help.

09195A99-E4BD-449C-ABD0-8DCDA77C5288.jpeg

8892A83A-309F-4039-9B47-A7182A4730F2.jpeg
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
pretty sure that's unfixable, I think the cracks have to be less than 1" if not smaller.

don't worry. I'm a year +3 months with a crack that goes across the middle horizontally, and halfway in the middle vertical. Our trip in February finally got the crack to spread all the way across. Victory!

my Audi has a huge crack as well, and that one doesn't have a $100 deductible like the JT.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Jeep windshields are breaking all the time, so much that it’s actually kind of affordable to replace them. My coworker just got one with lifetime guarantee for 250 installed. You can also go through insurance if you have a low deductible

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I also think you've got a new windshield in your future. Advice is not to use Safelite. I did that several years ago on my Acura MDX and had a spray of pock marks from road chips after just 1 or 2 years. They make their own windshields and the quality is just not there. I wish I had done my homework. I had to get another windshield for our current MDX and insisted on an Acura unit. Much happier.

Make sure it's a Mopar or Mopar spec'd windshield. :beer:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hey all. Unfortunately my windshield has cracked and is expanding daily. It is a matter of time before it goes all the way to the bottom. Is this something that can be repaired or am I looking at a new windshield? I called warranty (max coverage) and they wont cover it. Thanks in advance for your help.

09195A99-E4BD-449C-ABD0-8DCDA77C5288.jpeg

8892A83A-309F-4039-9B47-A7182A4730F2.jpeg
New windshield. I have full windshield coverage which covers free chip repair and I've had two replaced free within a year.

I also think you've got a new windshield in your future. Advice is not to use Safelite. I did that several years ago on my Acura MDX and had a spray of pock marks from road chips after just 1 or 2 years. They make their own windshields and the quality is just not there. I wish I had done my homework. I had to get another windshield for our current MDX and insisted on an Acura unit. Much happier.

I've used Safelite and they use OEM Mopar glass.

Sponsored

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Drill a 1/4” hole at the bottom of the crack, and it will quit “running”. Seriously, depending on your state, you may get free glass replacement through your insurance company. Otherwise, I’d find a good independent glass company, and have it replaced. Sometimes a crack will go ahead and shatter, if it gets unusually hot, or cold. One of the Broncos I had, had a small chip for months, no big deal. We got a 30 degree night, and when I went out the next morning, it was spider webbed across one whole side.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep windshields are breaking all the time, so much that it’s actually kind of affordable to replace them. My coworker just got one with lifetime guarantee for 250 installed. You can also go through insurance if you have a low deductible
$250 is cheap. What service offers that?

Sponsored

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Just give it a slight push in a direction you want it to go. Sometimes you can steer them out of the way. And, sometimes not, but you still just get it over with and send it to its end.

First Name
Roal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2022 Rubicon Red
Occupation
Photographer

Jeep Gladiator Expanding crack on windshield. Options? 3F825238-A24B-4E6C-9265-0CD2D8E45EA0

Jeep Gladiator Expanding crack on windshield. Options? 3F825238-A24B-4E6C-9265-0CD2D8E45EA0
I believe that my windshield will look like yours in a few weeks, there is a lot of construction in my area and the dump trucks are covering the roads with rocks, I am certain one of those rocks will find me. Has any one tried the EXOSHIELD Ultra?
https://www.getexoshield.com/products/ultra-diy-windshield-protection-film

The added protection is something that I am considering plus the install looks fairly easy. Any thoughts?

snowbear

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Honda CRV
Occupation
GIS Analyst

I went with Safelite and they put in a MOPAR windshield. Insurance covered it (small deductible).

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I believe that my windshield will look like yours in a few weeks, there is a lot of construction in my area and the dump trucks are covering the roads with rocks, I am certain one of those rocks will find me. Has any one tried the EXOSHIELD Ultra?

The added protection is something that I am considering plus the install looks fairly easy. Any thoughts?
Check out these links.

https://www.google.com/search?q=exo...kuDdQQrQIoBHoECBAQBQ&biw=376&bih=767&dpr=2.88

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...d-exoshield-windshield-protection-film.43879/

I went with Safelite and they put in a MOPAR windshield. Insurance covered it (small deductible).
With full glass coverage, I didn't have a deductible.

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT

My PPF guy suggested I use this one:

https://www.grab-gard.com/products/jeep-wrangler-windshield

I've been really happy with it. It's supposedly more scratch resistant according to him. So far so good.
Sponsored