Not open for further replies.

ElDirector

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Wow. More hate than I would expect here. If we get to shame the big overlanders, do we still get to shame anyone who lifts a Sport? Lots of nits to pick, guess I should post up negative comments more. </eyeroll>

Jeeps are like Legos for adults. You can build pretty much anything you want. We each have our own vision.

Side note: I know several folks with 40's on Dana 44s. They wheel the pee out of 'em. And trust me... anyone who is running 40's can manage to change a flat.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
No not change it, get the bad one back up on the rack. Anyone can get it down and they roll just fine. It's the back up part. I tease the guys with the roof spare just as hard for the same reason.

And this noise about oh they don't wheel, they just love to camp... well then let's be honest, you don't need all that to camp, it's all some bar muscles flexing because if you need all that to camp where you want, you're wheeling with a sleep over. Real I love camping is eating instant oatmeal poured into instant coffee warmed over a candle somewhere in the Adirondacks where in day day you are gonna have killing hot and humid, snow and a bibles worth of biting flies all just to do it again.

And yes this is just my opinion but more money doesn't always equal better times. I've had more fun trying get 20 yards in 20 hours in a rot box beater jeep than I've had flying to tropical paradise islands. Spend your money wisely.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
"To each his own"...the farmer said as he kissed the cow...

I'm sure we'll be reading from that owner as to how much his fuel economy is sucking :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Wow. More hate than I would expect here. If we get to shame the big overlanders, do we still get to shame anyone who lifts a Sport? Lots of nits to pick, guess I should post up negative comments more. </eyeroll>

Jeeps are like Legos for adults. You can build pretty much anything you want. We each have our own vision.

Side note: I know several folks with 40's on Dana 44s. They wheel the pee out of 'em. And trust me... anyone who is running 40's can manage to change a flat.
I think most of us cited the reasoning behind said negativity and it wasn’t because of the trim level of the truck. I’m also not sure why anyone would “nit pick” lifting a sport…

Next time you’re stuck in an hour of traffic or can’t get through a trail because of a downed rig remember that it’s okay because “adult legos.” Or better yet when you see a body lying in the freeway and a truck in multiple pieces littering the road because someone thought they could mount old tires and improper wheels for the truck and then drive 85mph (true story)

Paint your fenders pink, lift your Jeep (properly) and hard park at the mall, whatever, none of my business and kudos to that person for doing what they love. Just don’t compromise the safety and enjoyment of others because you want to cut corners or save a buck on your build. The moment you get on a public road it’s no longer about your “adult Lego” hobby it’s a matter of public safety.

But I guess GVWR, payload limits, tire ratings, etc. etc. don’t apply once you throw down the logic of “they are doing what they love, it’s not your money “

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
First, I respect everyone’s opinion. My perspective is the original post by Harker was to share a recent build and showcase their product. Many of us instantly went into opinion mode and didn’t take a minute to see how our posts negatively impact the original message, how the OP feels, and could our comments effect vendors participation in the forum (i.e., why share more in the future if it’s such a negative environment?).

@HarkerOutdoors, any chance we can see some more interior pictures to see how customers are outfitting their EDC’s?

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
If they were so interested in showing us the camper... where's the camper?

They mind as well have asked us the click the sound and check out the link in their bio.

I'm sorry we didn't immediately fall to our knees and begin telling them how big and wonderful it was and how it was the best camper build we had ever seen... but the reality is it's a forgettable build in a sea of forgettable builds with no details or specifics on the camper or things they did to make the build better.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
First, the camper looks interesting. Post some more dope 🍻

Second, I think where all the judgement comes in to play is becuase of the statement made by the OP: " this jeep is seriously ready for anything! "

To each their own on looks and builds (barring it doesn't effect others safety).

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Get towing Ins. See ya on the trails.

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
I want to see more of the camper.
Sponsored

Status