First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
IT
Geeze, a bunch of armchair commenters berating a builder that has his own vision.

Changing a tire that weight is quite easy if you have a cantilever of some sort, even a decent size tree branch. Shoot, watch all the YouTub vids on 100lbs weaklings changing Semi tires by themselves.

The owner may have plans for all of the equipment, including a bug-out vehicle. Didn't say as of yet and maybe he won't with the way y'all treat his design.

Nice build, glad to see the work!

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Right now the only bugging out hes doing is flexing hard at the cheesecake factory.

In the immortal words of flava flav, Don't believe the hype!

Stop thinking that sema trucks ARE overlanding or expedition trucks. Look at the old camel trophy rovers, early Paris Dakar rigs, those nearly bone stock pan america cj5s... spending another 60k on top of a 60k truck to do some imaginary "offroading so intense you wouldn't understand" is a waste of time and money. Buy the truck, go where you want to go and see how it does, upgrade what doesn' t work and keep it moving.

But hey, you're right. It is his money, it is his rig and if that's the way he wants it, he gets it and I don't like it any more than you do. But don't come stepping and flexing about how it's the second coming of christ for expedition trucks.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
But hey, you're right. It is his money

These days, money is not needed in Kalifornia .

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Couple points of clarification. This is a client's vehicle. We manufacture the EDC camper.

They have built their Gladiator the way they wanted it. They don't use it to wheel, but they do love to camp.

For those of you who are beside yourselves upset about how someone else has built their Jeep, I have good news. The owner has informed us that he will be making all of the Jeep payments himself and that you won't have to pitch in after all.

😂🤦‍♂️😂

How about that badass camper though, huh?

Sponsored

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Couple points of clarification. This is a client's vehicle. We manufacture the EDC camper.

They have built their Gladiator the way they wanted it. They don't use it to wheel, but they do love to camp.

For those of you who are beside yourselves upset about how someone else has built their Jeep, I have good news. The owner has informed us that he will be making all of the Jeep payments himself and that you won't have to pitch in after all.

😂🤦‍♂️😂

:LOL:
Agreed, badass looking camper! Nice work. Gotta say though, if I were the owner I'd be more than a little worried about the highway patrol down there. But there is a solution:

Jeep Gladiator Expedition Driven Camper Before and After Pics ask me about my mud flaps (1)

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland

😂🤦‍♂️😂

The only thing that I agree on with the haters on is the lack of fenders.

How tall is it? Do you know?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Can we see more of the camper then?

Side note, if they love camping why did they build the bratz doll of offroad rigs?

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership

😂🤦‍♂️😂

Camper looks fantastic and I’ve heard great things about your guys products!

The hate truly comes from the “appearance over safety” mindset a lot of these individuals hold. Flinging rocks, breaking down on trails or the roadway due to being under spec, compromised breaking and handling, etc. etc. has an impact on those around them. Increased risk of failure and crashing for the sake of Instagram likes and looking “badass” at the nearest KOA…

Yes, I’m hating, but not because he spent money on what he likes. Because he clearly has no regard for the safety of others on the road or trail.

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
I think the best thing about Jeeps in general is we can make them what we want....within reason. I agree with Fitfulgoat, I don't like the fact that it's a danger going down the road and trails. The truck is built for the gram and nothing else, it is compromising safety and the OP is just adding to this culture with this post.

ACAD_Cowboy: Right now the only bugging out he's doing is flexing hard at the cheesecake factory. (that's funny stuff)

Sponsored

RubICON1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992,2011,2014 RubICON
That's a beast! For reference, how tall are you?

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I too would like more pics of the camper!

Is that the JRT bumper, if not, what is it?

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
On the plus side, You can climb right on the tire to reach the top of the camper.

Can we get some photos of the camper?

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I hate it (the truck, not the camper), but it’s these guys being stupid that create the great aftermarket we all enjoy.

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 JK8, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
No fenders on public roads= Asshole

When you swing open the spare tire do the front wheels come off the ground?

Yes, this too is a joke you fenderless people who don't understand a little ribbing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.