Sponsored

Towing medium sized pop up camper with Tow packaged Overland

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I have had a couple of pop-ups, also working our way up from tenting.
I went as far as a bigger trailer and a 2500 diesel to pull it, but was glad to get rid of both.
I wouldn't mind another pop up, maybe an A-frame or perhaps a big sized teardrop.

FWIW I think sway control was helpful, every pop up would sway a bit and the sway control device always seemed to help.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

mbush91

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The other thing not mentioned for the brake controller is that it will save you jeep brakes. If your pulling a couple hours once a year it's not a big deal. But stopping an extra 2000lbs every weekend will definitely wear your braking system down faster. Brake controller is a no brainer IMO.

OP
OP
ATLalien

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
The other thing not mentioned for the brake controller is that it will save you jeep brakes. If your pulling a couple hours once a year it's not a big deal. But stopping an extra 2000lbs every weekend will definitely wear your braking system down faster. Brake controller is a no brainer IMO.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm betting we won't be getting out every weekend, but might manage 4-6 times a year.

kmhappel

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CTO
We tow an R-Pod 189 (3500lbs) We use a CURT Echo brake controller that is a device that plugs into your JT receptacle and you insert the trailer plug into it. It does all the sensing and brake controls. When we stop, we take it out and put it away till next pull. I like it because you don't have to install anything and I set it up with my phone. I got it as newbie and I'm glad I did...

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
I also use a Echo brake controller with a 3,500-3,900 lbs TaB400 trailer, it works great with the JT. Just be careful to follow connection instructions, you need to follow a setup sequence when connecting the trailer.
cheers
Sponsored