Sponsored

Falken Wildpeak AT3W !WOW!

Who else has the Wildpeak AT3Wā€™s and how are they holding up after 5, 10, 20k miles?

• I wish I didnā€™t buy them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Looks great. My Jeep came with 285/70s as stock and I really like them. I am very surprised how quiet they are and how well they work in the snow.

I just noticed you have locks on your wheels. I am guessing that the jeep came with them.

My strong advice to you is that unless you live in the Mattapan, you should should get rid of locks before you are struggling on the side of the road or trail trying to get the wheel off and the lock key is slipping.

Our wheels go on with 130 ft-lbs of torque. My old Volvo used 85 ft-lbs. Our lug nuts go on pretty tight.

Throw in a few years of New England corrosion and you have a prescription for a problem.
Heā€™s on the stock overland wheel, which is an 18ā€ wheel, so they are a little bigger.
Sponsored

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
I've only put 6k miles on my stock 285/70R17 AT3Ws so far. They make quite a bit of noise in corners, especially when going a little too fast (the joys of having a student driver in the household). Other than that, they are doing great and they were excellent in the snow this past winter. However, I just replaced them with a set of JL Rubicon take-off wheels/tires which are BFG KO2s, and the KO2s handle a little better on road and are quieter. I'll run the KO2s for the summer, then switch back to the AT3Ws for the winter.
Can you post a picture of the JL wheels on your JT I'm thinking of going this route.

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Gladiator Willys 3.0 Eco Diesel
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
I swapped out the stock BFG KM2ā€™s that came on my ā€™21 Willys Eco Diesel IMMEDIATELY after the first light snow this last fall for the Falken AT3Wā€™s and all I can say is ā€œWOW!ā€.

Why these arenā€™t the standard OEM tire on all rims with the BFG KO2ā€™s being the upgrade I donā€™t know. They are way quieter than the M/T tires I took off, way more traction on road and night & day better in the snow (Iā€™ve gleefully run through multiple blizzards here in ND this winter and enjoyed the hell out of it!).

Given they were $250/tire vs $315/tire for the BFGā€™s I replaced, Iā€™d buy these again in a heart beat.

Currently at about 6,000 miles of mostly in-town driving with a decent mix of weekend road trips for family outings/sports at 80 mph average speeds.

Worth. Every. Penny.

4920D045-11B0-4B44-938F-EF5418F2EC02.jpeg
AF7D9ECD-73F9-4B28-8501-B4E70CE71CCA.jpeg
4B84FB1A-B2CA-4C3F-A6DA-6CC37F693DBA.jpeg
31A7661B-154B-4441-A561-4E1C2A0BD07C.jpeg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out the stock BFG KM2ā€™s that came on my ā€™21 Willys Eco Diesel IMMEDIATELY after the first light snow this last fall for the Falken AT3Wā€™s and all I can say is ā€œWOW!ā€.

Why these arenā€™t the standard OEM tire on all rims with the BFG KO2ā€™s being the upgrade I donā€™t know. They are way quieter than the M/T tires I took off, way more traction on road and night & day better in the snow (Iā€™ve gleefully run through multiple blizzards here in ND this winter and enjoyed the hell out of it!).

Given they were $250/tire vs $315/tire for the BFGā€™s I replaced, Iā€™d buy these again in a heart beat.

Currently at about 6,000 miles of mostly in-town driving with a decent mix of weekend road trips for family outings/sports at 80 mph average speeds.

Worth. Every. Penny.

4920D045-11B0-4B44-938F-EF5418F2EC02.jpeg
AF7D9ECD-73F9-4B28-8501-B4E70CE71CCA.jpeg
4B84FB1A-B2CA-4C3F-A6DA-6CC37F693DBA.jpeg
31A7661B-154B-4441-A561-4E1C2A0BD07C.jpeg
That's because you switch from a M/T to a A/T. Put a set of BFG KO2S on and you will see how much more quiet they are compared to the ATW3. Better performance out of the KO2S also, IMO, plus the KO2s are 13lbs lighter.

They don't make a quiet M/T tire and M/T tires aren't the best to be driving on in the snow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I just bought mine 5k ago And rotated them today. So far they handle great and they wear great. At this time I have no reason ro say I wonder choose otherwise. At this time I like them very much, great in rain and snowā€¦.

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 285/75/18 Falkens, run them at 37 PSI, and average 16.5mpg city/21+ mpg hwy. I have Reprogrammed for the size and PSI with a Taser. I have a 2 inch spacer lift and DT shocks.

I would buy these Falkens again without hesitation.
Jeep Gladiator Falken Wildpeak AT3W !WOW! Jeep Cataloochee

Dakota Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Gladiator Willys 3.0 Eco Diesel
Occupation
Pro Snipe Hunter
That's because you switch from a M/T to a A/T. Put a set of BFG KO2S on and you will see how much more quiet they are compared to the ATW3. Better performance out of the KO2S also, IMO, plus the KO2s are 13lbs lighter.

They don't make a quiet M/T tire and M/T tires aren't the best to be driving on in the snow.

Hence why I suggested the KO2ā€™s would be the ā€œupgradeā€ to a standard AT3W from factoryšŸ˜.

And for an extra $260/set of 4, they better be betteršŸ˜‰

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
I put them on my Sport and have about 10,000 miles on them. I like them well enough. My only complaint is the weight. They run 10 pounds or more heavier over comparable tires.

Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Great tires! I've had a few sets and run them now in 35's on my Mojave. I've never had a tire last more than 55000km and still drive nice and perform as expected. This is likely due to running MT's in the past. Yes, these tires are heavy'ish, but if you want a tire that is robust and not going to puncture at the site of sharp rocks etc the extra weight means extra rubber to deal with the things that may quickly kill the very light weight tires.

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
I bought my JT Overland about three months ago and I just fell in love with it againā€¦ some minor mods the past few months (1.5ā€ TF Leveling Kit) but I just got the 285/75ā€™s put on and Iā€™m speechless at how smooth and quiet these tires are, very impressedā€¦ some photos as wellā€¦ before and afterā€¦

I agree I just got the same tires and they are surprisingly quiet with a nice ride

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m a little over 7k miles in. A little wear but even. Slightly louder. Still tremendous performance in all road conditions. I would buy them again if I was sticking with 33s but at 35 inches, theyā€™re too heavy. Iā€™ll probably end up with KO2s.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have them on my gladiator, and wife has KO2s on her wrangler. Similar mileage, almost 20,000. I think they were pretty equivalent to start, but hers are getting much noisier. And I think my Falkens are wearing better.
I donā€™t know if thereā€™s much of a difference off road or in snow.
I will say that in the first week she was bombing too fast down a trail and tore a huge hole in the sidewall of her KO2 on a rock. Not sure if other tires survive that but I immediately started planning for D or E rated tires despite the trade-off with ride comfort.
Sponsored