Sponsored

Fenders fading already - less than a year!

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I want to see pics of the OP's fender with some product on it - for science

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Lithium trim serum I tried is still holding up great after about three weeks. I put it on let it sit for six hours then used turtle wax ice shine and seal over top to give a uv protection boost plus protection from the elements. All the plastic looks brand new. I even experimented on the window rubber seals and they look like the day I brought it home. Plus you can boost the protection with turtle wax's spray wax made to work with prior mentioned product.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Raptor stick to plastic that well? I'd just use Mothers Back to Black on them when they would bother me.
Yes Sir, absolutely! Provided, of course, they are prepped correctly. Just like paint, the vast majority of the time there's an issue, it's in the application of the product and not the product itself.

I can't remember the exact sequence off the top of my pea brain at the moment, but the steps included removing all the wax from the painted surface via rubbing alcohol or similar product, light sanding to give the product increased surface area and something to grab on to and also an adhesive promoter. I've watched so many Raptor liner videos at this point I'm not sure what all I did and in which order but I know that almost 3 years later they looked EXACTLY the way they did as the day I applied it, and I live in one of the most environmentally gnarly (sun/heat) areas of the country and beat the snot out of them on a daily basis...

Sponsored

CoachRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Importer Exporter
I've Raptor Lined a Wrangler floor front to back and a couple of truck beds, but never plastic.

OP
OP
RiverMtnBeach

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
First Jeep, huh?

Raptor liner. /thread!
No, it's not! Had a Commander for 10 years. Barely faded. Used Maguire's Back-to-Black and it worked great. Seems to hold-up through several washes too. Saw a Gladiator in a parking lot with what looked like tan Rhino Liner sprayed on the fenders the other day - didn't hate it! Kinda growing on me now!

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
No, it's not! Had a Commander for 10 years. Barely faded. Used Maguire's Back-to-Black and it worked great. Seems to hold-up through several washes too. Saw a Gladiator in a parking lot with what looked like tan Rhino Liner sprayed on the fenders the other day - didn't hate it! Kinda growing on me now!
That's what I wanna hear! Just giving you a hard time is all, it's literally the one mod that I've done that gets universal positive compliments...

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I use chemical guys VRP from the auto store. A little goes a long way with it and it offers UV protection. Not really sure how long it last because I wash all my cars once a week so no long term experience with it.

Jeep Gladiator Fenders fading already - less than a year! vr

OP
OP
RiverMtnBeach

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: A detailer gave me a great tip… clean really well with simple green then dish soap to remove residue, carefully apply some heat with a heat gun, let cool, apply back to black. Better than new! 😄

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Surprised heat is needed on fenders less than 5 years old, I would think that would degrade the plastic if done a few times.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ceramic coating?

OP
OP
RiverMtnBeach

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surprised heat is needed on fenders less than 5 years old, I would think that would degrade the plastic if done a few times.
Me too. Seems to only need it once and done though. The zebra stripes were coming back after a wash or two before that. Seems like that stabilized the plastic somehow... Been over a month and several washes, and no more need for touch-ups. Just wash and go - looks new (as it should 'cause it is!).

Reactions: Mac

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I don't like the look of the body colored fenders---not sure why. So I'll get the Sarge Green body colored hardtop with the black fenders. When I get the bed sprayed with the Rhino liner I'll gladly pay for them to do the fenders also---I just love the look.

OP
OP
RiverMtnBeach

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't like the look of the body colored fenders---not sure why. So I'll get the Sarge Green body colored hardtop with the black fenders. When I get the bed sprayed with the Rhino liner I'll gladly pay for them to do the fenders also---I just love the look.
Saw a black sport The other day with top and fenders sprayed gray. I kind of dig it!
Sponsored