First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Anyone else had this issue? When I fill up my gladiator with fuel, it gets to the end and when nozzle goes to kick out gas overflows out of filler hole, has done it multiple times at different stations around town. Wondering if anyone else had this issue may try slowing it down some closer to end to see if that fixes my issue. Not sure if anyone else has seen this, thanks
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else had this issue? When I fill up my gladiator with fuel, it gets to the end and when nozzle goes to kick out gas overflows out of filler hole, has done it multiple times at different stations around town. Wondering if anyone else had this issue may try slowing it down some closer to end to see if that fixes my issue. Not sure if anyone else has seen this, thanks
Not on the JT but on my JK it would do it. Ended up being a bad purge valve, cost like $20 to fix it.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
When you pop open the gas cap, there is a little diagram that tells you to leave the gas nozzle in the tank for 10 seconds after pumping. I believe this is to help with the issue you're running into.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Mine does it from time to time. I believe there was a thread on this very subject earlier.

OP
OP
Wkyfiregladdy

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
When you pop open the gas cap, there is a little diagram that tells you to leave the gas nozzle in the tank for 10 seconds after pumping. I believe this is to help with the issue you're running into.
I’m talking about when the nozzle shuts off gas overflows out, nozzle is in there still

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wkyfiregladdy

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Mine does it from time to time. I believe there was a thread on this very subject earlier.
Yeah I was looking to see if there was a thread on it, hadn’t found anything, mine seems to do it every time except the first Two times I filled up

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m talking about when the nozzle shuts off gas overflows out, nozzle is in there still

I got to where I was wadding up a paper towel and putting it under the nozzle to keep fuel from running down the side of the truck.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
I haven't seen that on my JT, but my TJ would do this all the time. I used to have to listen for it to be almost full and stop the pump. Got to the point where the local attendant would let me pump my own gas in NJ.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
Yep...i have to use the gas station paper towels and put them around the opening to stop the splash back.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I still fill up my JTR at the same station I use for my YJ for this reason. I've developed the reflex of never standing next to a fueling Jeep!

Have filled the JTR at many other stations in the last 7K miles, haven't had an issue.

Don't have my JT yet but my TJ's and JK did that at certain gas stations only.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I’ve never had this issue and my JTR has been from Atlanta to San Antonio to New York and back. It is a known issue and it may help that I only insert the nozzle about half way.
Sponsored