Sponsored

Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652

jdwhichard

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
nurse
Vehicle Showcase
mopar controller are available at Mopar fixers , not in feb at the dealer . controller going on left side of the wheel . sport s max towing 5th wheel towing states at 8166 lbs in my jeep registration.

horsetrailer.jpg
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Finally they are at least say that there’s no ETA. Maybe car salesmen will stop making unrealistic promises.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I just installed the Curt Spectrum. I decided to go with this over the factory due to opinions on this forum and it looked easier to install than the mopar. Keeping the 12 volt was a bonus. I have yet to use it with a trailer, but mine lights up 2 blue lights every time I press the brake pedal. I assume that's normal?

BC46A30A-F163-4BCF-9ABE-0D6FA7441C16.jpeg

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I just installed the Curt Spectrum. I decided to go with this over the factory due to opinions on this forum and it looked easier to install than the mopar. Keeping the 12 volt was a bonus. I have yet to use it with a trailer, but mine lights up 2 blue lights every time I press the brake pedal. I assume that's normal?

Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 BC46A30A-F163-4BCF-9ABE-0D6FA7441C16

Sponsored

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Problem solved. I'll just leave brake controller harness unplugged until I need to actually tow something. The blue lights brightness seems to be umadjustable. If it is adjustable, the dimmest setting is still way too bright for night time driving. Might be a reason to get the mopar one for those of you on the fence.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

BC46A30A-F163-4BCF-9ABE-0D6FA7441C16.jpeg
Can't speak for the JT specific, but I know the one in my van shows a status on the display every time I tap my brakes. Guessing its a common thing. Really good mounting position there

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Can't speak for the JT specific, but I know the one in my van shows a status on the display every time I tap my brakes. Guessing its a common thing. Really good mounting position there
Yeah those blue lights really mess up my ability to sleep! Hate them.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer

Jeep Gladiator Finally available! > 2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Trailer Brake Controller - 82215652 BC46A30A-F163-4BCF-9ABE-0D6FA7441C16
Could the Mopar brake controller fit in the same spot? I'm shopping for a brake controller but don't want to loose the dash mount cig lighter socket. I also saw someone mounted an aftermarket brake controller knob on the lower right side of the steering wheel column near the little vent thngee. Wonder if the Mopar would fit there?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Could the Mopar brake controller fit in the same spot? I'm shopping for a brake controller but don't want to loose the dash mount cig lighter socket. I also saw someone mounted an aftermarket brake controller knob on the lower right side of the steering wheel column near the little vent thngee. Wonder if the Mopar would fit there?
It would take some work. The Curt shown here just sticks onto the surface. The Mopar one requires a decent size hole since it snaps into it. If you want to do Mopar, you could relocate the 12V outlets, some have done that.
Sponsored