Finally got my Bedrug and it's awesome!

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
Have you reached out to the manufacturer?

If they are a good company, I'm sure they would want the opportunity to make things right.
I did reach out to the vendor I purchased from. Probably same most in this thread purchased from. He was very prompt and thoughtful in his response. He did offer to reach back to the manufacturer, and also pointed out that they are on a 12 week delay. I went back and with some additional Velcro was able to cut back the light opening on the side that was short and basically tape it back onto the side with the previous gap. Looks pretty good I think. And then just wrapped the inside of the hole with Velcro strips so the entire hole seals up nicely around the light. Did the other side too. Overall really happy. Will try to remember to get pics tomorrow. . And really happy with customer service from vendor. So thanks to Alex at Realtruck.
Sponsored

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
I had a similar issue with my driver's side and thought I lined it up wrong. Fortunately, with the velcro it is pretty easy to realign. However, I could not get it perfect the way I wanted it and had a bit of a gap under the light. I just used some extra velcro I had laying around under the lamp and it seems fine now.
Sounds like similar issue and resolution for both of us.
Forgot to mention that Alex at RealTruck noted that sometimes the templates don’t line up perfectly. So for anyone who hasn’t installed yet that may want to do their best to lay the bed rug over the top and confirm cutout positions before just cutting templates.

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Debating between just the bottom, or the full bed. If you have either, which one did you go with and why?

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
Debating between just the bottom, or the full bed. If you have either, which one did you go with and why?
i would go with the full if the cost is not an issue..its much more better looking and worth the price of admission in my opinion. also it does help shield the side walls if you have something in the bed that may roll around and hit the sides

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ X2.

Sponsored

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
i would go with the full if the cost is not an issue..its much more better looking and worth the price of admission in my opinion. also it does help shield the side walls if you have something in the bed that may roll around and hit the sides
I'm planning to order the side panels from @813 Fabrication & Design at some point for the bed sides. Can I run the full coverage bed rug along with my factory rails and have it all work?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I'm planning to order the side panels from @813 Fabrication & Design at some point for the bed sides. Can I run the full coverage bed rug along with my factory rails and have it all work?
I have not had a customer install over the BedRug yet, at least not that they have shared with me. I think if you are having to trim for the trail rails it should work fine. The MOLLE panels mount under the rails and the BedRug can compress in areas some if needed i believe. There is at least an inch or more space behind the MOLLE panels when mounted so I think it should make for a cool looking setup.

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Anybody haul hay regularly with a bed rug? I’d love to have one but envision 1000s of hay pieces getting stuck in the carpet. That would drive me crazy. I haul hay about once a week and I don’t want to vacuum or power wash after each time.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody haul hay regularly with a bed rug? I’d love to have one but envision 1000s of hay pieces getting stuck in the carpet. That would drive me crazy. I haul hay about once a week and I don’t want to vacuum or power wash after each time.
You could try a large tarp to put the hay on.

GT6

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
so I just got mine sunday and it fits very well...I had them on other trucks before and they are durable as heck..my last one lasted 16 years on my dually and still looked good when I sold the truck. Didnt fade or stain..well worth the price of admission in my opinion...now if only I can get my A R E shell soon.

tempImageU2xFTX.png
I would like to see the shell when you get it. I also had the same durable experience on my last truck with it.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the bottom only. the one with the integral tail gate rug. Cost wasn't a factor.

My main desire was being able to put stuff in without scratching it and being able to kneel comfortably. (I have a topper on it)

I didn't see much benefit for me to the full install, so I saved a bit of money and a lot of installation hassle.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

WanderingJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Blue Overland - Prev, 2014 Polar JKU
Occupation
contract manager
to revive this thread again, Anyone tailgate with one or constantly sit on the tail gate. I go to the drive-ins a lot during the warmer season and curious if constant siting on the tail gate will cause it to come up or start to fold?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks for all the great info in this thread, installed mine last night with the utility rails. Definitely a time consuming process to get all the holes positioned correctly to match up to the utility rails, but looks great when done. I just need to grab some adhesion promoter to stick down the bedrug around the bed lights and onto the tail gate areas.

For the install with the utility rails, I actually cut a vertical slit into the bedrug in the upper rear corners (where the utility rails meet the back of the bed) to allow it to better conform around the corners to the tailgate opening and not bunch up so bad at the back corners of the rails. Seems to have helped me anyways.

If anyone has questions/comments let me know.

#Dadiator

Jeep Gladiator Finally got my Bedrug and it's awesome! Capture.PNG
Sponsored