Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This is not true. I posted about it earlier. You remove the fender, it's right there and that is the replacement procedure in the service manual. Not saying it's great, but removing the PDC is not the procedure.
Going in through the fender does not give you stellar access either. On machines with extended fenders you either have to pop the rivets or remove the whole fender. Then your left the the aux battery hanging from the wires.
Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Going in through the fender does not give you stellar access either. On machines with extended fenders you either have to pop the rivets or remove the whole fender. Then your left the the aux battery hanging from the wires.
IMO accessing from the top is easier and preferred. Lucky for me I no longer have to worry about that stupid AUX. The PDC is not that difficult to remove and reinstall.

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician
IMO accessing from the top is easier and preferred. Lucky for me I no longer have to worry about that stupid AUX. The PDC is not that difficult to remove and reinstall.
I no longer need to worry about it either! Lol!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If mine goes out, I am going to make something.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I no longer need to worry about it either! Lol!
Curious as to what dealer? Im local to you, Bass Lake.
I've tried all our local dealers and cant say there is one that I trust.
The worst thing about owning a Ram/Jeep product is the dealer system.
I gave the dealer in Dinuba a negative rating after the service manager argued with me that my stock Rubicon was lifted. When they got the results the service manager called and said they cancelled my parts and appointment because of my poor review.

Scratch

Sponsored

OP
OP
Waynesoffroad

Waynesoffroad

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon 2021 Wrangler 4Xe
Occupation
Equipment Technician
Curious as to what dealer? Im local to you, Bass Lake.
I've tried all our local dealers and cant say there is one that I trust.
The worst thing about owning a Ram/Jeep product is the dealer system.
I gave the dealer in Dinuba a negative rating after the service manager argued with me that my stock Rubicon was lifted. When they got the results the service manager called and said they cancelled my parts and appointment because of my poor review.

Scratch
It's the one in Clovis. I've heard Dinuba was the best one. But now I guess not.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
It's the one in Clovis. I've heard Dinuba was the best one. But now I guess not.
I heard the same thing that is why I was drove all the way from Bass Lake. The service manager/writers name is Bob and he is ridiculous. I think they feel bad for him because he has been there forever. So they keep him on. Perhaps the most incompetent service writer I have experienced.
My interactions with Clovis have been hit or miss. Mostly a miss lately even with JeepCare support. My last interaction took weeks and when I went to pick up the JT broken trim pieces were laying on the front seat. They didn't even try and hide the fact that they broke them and didn't replace them. There were also several items stolen from the truck interior.
Don't even get me started with the one on Blackstone.
That leaves the one in Madera. I used to have a great relationship with them. It was really the service writer. Once they ran her off it is the same experience as the rest.
Let me know if you find descent local support.
Good Luck with your truck.
Bob

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
I heard the same thing that is why I was drove all the way from Bass Lake. The service manager/writers name is Bob and he is ridiculous. I think they feel bad for him because he has been there forever. So they keep him on. Perhaps the most incompetent service writer I have experienced.
My interactions with Clovis have been hit or miss. Mostly a miss lately even with JeepCare support. My last interaction took weeks and when I went to pick up the JT broken trim pieces were laying on the front seat. They didn't even try and hide the fact that they broke them and didn't replace them. There were also several items stolen from the truck interior.
Don't even get me started with the one on Blackstone.
That leaves the one in Madera. I used to have a great relationship with them. It was really the service writer. Once they ran her off it is the same experience as the rest.
Let me know if you find descent local support.
Good Luck with your truck.
Bob
Jeep Gladiator Fire Fire! My Gladiator burned down 1653133356780

Jeep Gladiator Fire Fire! My Gladiator burned down 1653133424673

DPG4EVR

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director
What a…..burn……

That’s the kind of thing that could get a man….fired…..

(Sorry, couldn’t resist. Gotta laugh to prevent yourself from crying!j

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Witnessed the aftermath of a JL fire that looked like an engine fire, likely totalled. This was in Lutz, FL yesterday.

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I deleted my AUX battery completely ... disconnected and isolated the grounds, ran the positive to the main battery. System has worked fine ever since.

The circumstances around this tragedy are odd ... what could they have done to create a vehicle fire with simple battery replacement? ... did one of the batteries somehow fail? ... were they a little to rough with their handling of the PCM? ... if it was the PCM I would think the fuses and relays would have stepped in .... did they incorrectly reattach accessory wires?

I always worry about who is assigned the actual work ... in this case did a tech diagnose the battery issue and then shift the truck over to "a lessor qualified service employee" to complete the replacement?

I find it hard to believe the ESS system caused this ... it had to have been human error. I bet we'll never know.
Any chance you can give details on how to do that for someone that doesn't know crap about electrical?

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
Details on how to wire it to burst into flame?

Sure, but we jus gave them to your wife the other day.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I wonder if @pixeldecals can whip up a sticker for all Fireball Editions.