First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Got my oem half doors on today. What do you think?
Jeep Gladiator First JT with OEM factory Halfdoors? jeep3-jpe

92848CF6-093D-47CA-AE43-26940302D8DA.jpeg
Just saw your post on the Facebook group but there are a couple who have them on here

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not meaning to shit on your post, but they look like the factory doors with the windows rolled down. Probably function the same too. I do not understand the benefit in them. I do understand they’re expensive though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MNDZLJT

MNDZLJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Diesel
Occupation
Jeep Technician
Not meaning to shit on your post, but they look like the factory doors with the windows rolled down. Probably function the same too. I do not understand the benefit in them. I do understand they’re expensive though.
They are 100% different than oem full doors with windows down. I’ll get a side by side pic

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
OEM half doors have always looked amazing to me plus they are a bit lighter than full doors. For me the only draw back is they are pretty pricey. Congrats on the purchase 👍

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I think they look real good but I don’t understand the utility. If that is the point than well done.
Going doorless poses problems with children, pets, stuff all flopping out. Also makes deep water or mud crossings it's own specific slice of hell. Tube doors help with keeping stuff in but not out. Half doors are designed to keep stuff in and out as well as provide good weather sealing.

From my use the major advantage is you can hang out of the opening like you were doorless while still having a degree of protection from the situation.

Interesting…
I don’t like the way the rear door misses the body line at the back edge, so these aren’t for me.
But I agree: we really need to see it with the top off!

Kevin
That bothers me as well. On the JK the half door met the break line very well, this feels like another situation where jeep has dragged it out forever only to fail on 5yd line.

We need to see it topless with those doors.
I agree, take that top off and do a comparison from 90* to the truck, these leading and trailing angle shots look great on the 'gram but I want some good engineering shots.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Half doors are one of those things you don’t really understand until you have them, and then go wheeling IMO. I didn’t love them until then and now I can’t wait to have a set again on my (new) two door. I have them for the JK as well.

that said I don’t think I’ll get them for the gladiator— likely just stick with tube doors.