Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know why else to leave them on while not off-road besides looks, seems they'd make a hell of a lot of noise down the highway 24/7. Then you can avoid anymore thefts. Most of the color matched stuff I've seen is cheap and doesn't support any certified WLL anyhow. I'm never leaving anything just dangling for the taking with a few threads, good shackles aren't cheap.
None here... it's a clean machine.
Jeep Gladiator First theft .. Crosby shackles JKR Bump 1

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
More likely it fell off. Find them on the trails often enough to be pretty sure of that. If leaving them on all the time they need some form of lockdown. I use a bit of duct tape in the same fashion of plumbers tape. Requires a wrench to get on/off but not going anywhere from knocking about. If you lose one of these on the road it is possible it can do some damage to another vehicle.

Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Schutzhund Training..... In English it means Protection Dog and they're not kidding. Atticus is a mid level Schutzhund trained dog and will obey both voice (English and German) and hand commands. Actually, all he has to do is show himself and at 130 pounds, the trouble just walks away. Never had a bite, but his predicessors that we were honored enough to have in our lives DID. It wasn't pretty.
I train for hobby and have 2 mal/dutch and corso IPO 1 dogs one protection trained. Amazing having this girl at my feet almost 24/7. I have some friends with Giant Schnauzers like that, awesome dogs.

ghostpic.jpg

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I train for hobby and have 2 mal/dutch and corso IPO 1 dogs one protection trained. Amazing having this girl at my feet almost 24/7. I have some friends with Giant Schnauzers like that, awesome dogs.

ghostpic.jpg
What a wonderful girl.... We have had 4 Giants over the last 30 years and believe me, all they have to do is get out of the car...... The department we worked for (a combined 54 years) originally had German Shepherds and there is a place in our hearts for all of them; however, they have gone to the Mal/Dutch and they can be spectacular protectors.
Jeep Gladiator First theft .. Crosby shackles Ati and his mom

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
Why leave them on at all when not off-road other than ......... never mind. Leave no loose parts that someone can simply lift and walk away with - not even needing any tools. I don't even leave a ball mount in place for that very reason. I could show off that I tow - but then be missing an expensive piece of hardware next time I visit Menards.
Cause I don't off road duh.

I just have a lift, 37s, snorkel, ect...because I'm not a real jeep owner if I don't have those things and other real jeep owners won't wave to me without them.

If I take my shackles of how will people know how legit I am?

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
As do I. I have to maintain the cool factor and color coordination you know. Gratuitous pic of said shackles 😁

Yes ....I have no shame.

no shame here either, i got em, even w rubber cushioners. But ive used them a few times

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I installed these from Amazon. Special tool included that is needed to remove.

Heres what the Amazon ad says........
  • NO MORE LOST OR STOLEN SHACKLES! - Every GearAmerica UBER Shackles comes with our Patent Pending UBERLockTM AntiTheft technology. This security pin feature ensures that your cool new shackles will not get stolen or accidentally fall off due to driving and vibration. Unlike other security pins on the market, the UBERLockTM pin portion can be easily removed before offroading while keeping the standard ⅞” pin to easily connect or disconnect your Tow Strap or Recovery Rope when needed.
They come in different colors too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6Z7V4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look pretty nice

Sponsored

AzGladius

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave JT
Occupation
Electronics and stuff
I would slide a screwdriver through the hole on the flattened end and tighten em down with that leverage, never had one stolen on my JK. Then again, not leaving them on the outside at all is the best solution. This is also another good reason to deploy cheap lighting vs. BD, KC, or Rigid.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Never mind the D rings,, what about that sweet Factor 55 out there for the taking.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Made a slight miscalculation at the dunes last week. Got lucky and a couple in an XJ immediately stopped to help. Was glad I had a shackle already attached so they didn’t have to waste any more of their time waiting on me. I doubt I would have had the presence of mind to put one on before going in.
Sponsored