First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto tech
You can bet there was no diagnostic equipment - no scanner or logging - connected during that.
Showing them that it misfires is one thing - doing it while connected with diagnostic equipment is another. It took me quite a while to actually get mine to act up while I still had things connected to log. Nothing was saved - the system was always clear by the time I got to it and checked things out. Then I decided to leave things connected - including my phone with logging and it actually acted up while I was recording.
Having someone in the seat is one thing - them duplicating it and catching it is another.
Did it only do it that time - or was it happening all the time, so no matter when a tech drove it, it would misfire?
There's likely more to the story - like frequency - does it do it every drive?
Would it be counted on to act up any time the tech took it for a drive - or was that a lucky shot and after that they couldn't duplicate it?
Having the dealership person in the truck when it happened would only prove the owner wasn't losing it. Can it be duplicated any time? Or was that a once and done they can't make it do it again thing?

Been down this road to many times to remember.
Sitting in the seat doesn't give them any more information other than "yeah, it feels like a misfire".
Yeah! Been there done that ! Can only base my comment on the OP’s statement he can get the truck to create a miss fire situation when he drives it with dealership personnel in the truck whether it’s a tech or service manager. I agree things generally are not that easy when it comes to convincing people (dealerships) you have a unique problem but I can only gauge my opinion on the fact he can pull out of the lot and duplicate it. At that point a tech with a diag computer should immediately connect and repeat. Data recorded.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Flipn the bird racing
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Americas tire assistance manager
They hooked up the diagnostic computer right after the drive while the light was still flashing got all the codes and it has been 3 weeks and with the list of 3 codes they are still yet to figure anything out

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They hooked up the diagnostic computer right after the drive while the light was still flashing got all the codes and it has been 3 weeks and with the list of 3 codes they are still yet to figure anything out
Probable should start figuring out what your "Plan B" is going to be because it sounds like your dealership is dithering on this.

swtrailboss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto tech
They need to be connected to the vehicle during the occurrence (not after) and then they should have enough data to submit to the manufacturer tech line to head in a direction for repair. Let me state one thing - a misfire situation can have multiple causes but with the recorded data a manufacturer engineer or tech line rep should be able to put them on the road to repair! Good luck!

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Over 2 decades of a flat rate system and low times limit allowed by the manufacturers. Dealer's techs has lost the ability to troubleshoot and more like parts changers. If the MIL doesn't tells them what are bad, they won't know what to replace. They are becoming more like robots. Also, it's not easy to train someone how to troubleshoot things either. It requires someone with a problem solving skill, passionate and pride in doing it.

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Op, what’s the year, make/model of your truck and odometer at? What was the reason for a tranny flush or was it just a pan drop? First plan of attack here in my woods is to swap coils and plugs around to see if the misfire jumps around or stays put. You didn’t mention they tried this. They have to see if the misfire is electrical or mechanical.