• Total voters

Jwhaugen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I did the Aries. I also had them LINE-Xā€™D for rock chipping. Had the dealer install. Took 4 hours. Also FCA stepped up and paid the cost of everything. Parts, LINE-X and install. I am happy with them. Did not do the rear though.

TexasJeep

First Name
Kita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My JT rubs on the fender liner when I make a sharp turn either left or right. It vibrates loudly as it hits the liner. It seems to only be on the driver side so far. One man has gotten his dealership to replace his. My dealership said "don't worry about it" . ??? I think I am going back to complain.

Jwhaugen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My JT rubs on the fender liner when I make a sharp turn either left or right. It vibrates loudly as it hits the liner. It seems to only be on the driver side so far. One man has gotten his dealership to replace his. My dealership said "don't worry about it" . ??? I think I am going back to complain.
There is a service bulletin on this. There is a fix. If you have any problems message Jeep cares,

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Kita,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. If you need any additional assistance while working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Hi RSK,
I have gone ahead and added this concern to your current open case. I also wanted to make you aware that there is an RRT
(19-063) addressing this that your VIN falls under.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Thanks Alex and Jeep Cares Team for taking care of this for me. Installed under warranty today and these replacements are much thicker and more durable inner fenders. I appreciate it!

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I still believe ripping out the OEM and putting aluminum ones in is the best bet. I have Metalcloak and they are phenomenal, I have them on 3 jeeps total. Never any issues, look great and are tough as hell.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Alex and Jeep Cares Team for taking care of this for me. Installed under warranty today and these replacements are much thicker and more durable inner fenders. I appreciate it!
Hi RSK,
Thank you for the update. We're happy to hear this! Have a great holiday. :jk:
Alex
JeepCares

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Anyone else having issues with Jeep not wanting to order the parts for the RRT 19-063 Innder Fender fix? My dealership is asking me to come in so they can see my fender messed up before ordering the parts but I am asking them to order the parts so they are there and they can replaces them and avoid having to go to the dealership twice for this known issue.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Anyone else having issues with Jeep not wanting to order the parts for the RRT 19-063 Innder Fender fix? My dealership is asking me to come in so they can see my fender messed up before ordering the parts but I am asking them to order the parts so they are there and they can replaces them and avoid having to go to the dealership twice for this known issue.
My dealership did have me come in to document the customer request or create a case number and ordered them with no questions asked because there was a TSB issued on the problem. I just said I wanted them replaced before I have a major problem and referenced the TBS as a known quality problem. The replacements are certainly a thicker mil and better quality inner front liner. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I took mine in for a Jeep Wave oil change service and without even asking, they ran a service bulletin check on my VIN and put the splash shields on order and I came back a second time for the install.

Some dealers just will not order parts and make it a one visit for repair. I would speculate they want to bill FCA for a warranty visit for the inspection and then order and have you come back a second time for the repair/replacement. Their parts ordering may also need the first visit to drive the parts request.

XTRMSKI

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Same thing happened to me, but that was back in August when the issue was relatively new. I thought by now since it's a known issue they'd be willing to resolve it for all vehicles. Maybe try giving Jeep Cares a call? It's possible they can help expedite.
But yeah, there shouldn't be anything they need to check...they know which VINs came out with the flimsy liners.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Scott,
Often times, dealers do need to preform a diagnosis. Once you have your appointment scheduled, please feel free to reach out to us via PM if additional support is needed throughout your service visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
mine havent been et by my tires yet.. but I could not believe how ridiculously thin they are

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The new inner fenders are noticeably thicker. Finally got mine replaced after some back and forth with the dealership. And to make things worse, when I got the call that my Glad was done, the rep told me that they only did one side and didn't have the parts for the other side (even after calling me to tell me all parts were in). Well the rep had no idea what he was talking about as when I got there I checked, and both were replaced. Won't be using that rep again... ugh! The people at some of these Jeep dealerships are sketchy, I've have more bad run in than I've had good... :-(
Sponsored