Sponsored

For something completely different -- How is the BT phone call quality?

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Hello All,

How is the BlueTooth/phone quality in the JT? At times, I have occasion to take meetings while I'm on the road, and in some cars, the combination of road and wind noise makes conducting a hands-free call a noisy affair for those on the other end of the call.

Definitely not a deal-breaker, but just curious as to your experiences, as its one of those things that is a little hard to judge on a quick test drive.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Hello All,

How is the BlueTooth/phone quality in the JT? At times, I have occasion to take meetings while I'm on the road, and in some cars, the combination of road and wind noise makes conducting a hands-free call a noisy affair for those on the other end of the call.

Definitely not a deal-breaker, but just curious as to your experiences, as its one of those things that is a little hard to judge on a quick test drive.

Thanks!
My experience has been that the quality of the calls are very good. The noise cancellation does a decent job blocking out background noise like wind when your are doing 70mph on the highway. it isn't perfect but it isn't highly intrusive to the person(s) on the other end, either .

I'm very satisfied overall with the operation of the Bluetooth for sure.

turkeyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I have been pleasantly surprised. I can easily have conversations on phone at 70 mph, and I have had no complaints from the person on the other end.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is good. I do wish the call voice volume would go up a couple more notches (I already have it maxed-out), but that’s because I have some hearing-loss. Other than that, no complaints, and everyone I’ve talked to says calls are very clear.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
All things considered...it's not bad. Obviously the Jeep is a noisy vehicle but the BT phone connection works ok when I call other phones. Trying to call a business, I have found that it's a lot worse. Echoing, cutting out, and just dropping randomly.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have used both bluetooth and Apple play for conference calls. Bluetooth seems excellent, just as good as a direct connection for Apple Play.

beefcake

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
While it will work, the people you are speaking with will know you are in a car. Clarity is good with the top on. When I take the top and doors off I'm good up to about 35mph to have a conversation. Any faster and its no good.

OP
OP
Kent5

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Good to know -- thanks for all the feedback guys!

I'm getting the hard top option, which should help. I wonder if the optional hard top insulation would help as well? I was thinking about getting that installed anyways, to help with the heat here in Las Vegas.

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Good to know -- thanks for all the feedback guys!

I'm getting the hard top option, which should help. I wonder if the optional hard top insulation would help as well? I was thinking about getting that installed anyways, to help with the heat here in Las Vegas.

I have the additional insulation. I think it is a little better than without, based on a couple of test drives.

On topic reply is the bluetooth is good.

jc

Sponsored

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is unusable at speeds above 60 mph. No one can hear me over the background noise.

I have a hard top with Hotheads headliners, riding on 37" Cooper STT Pros. I suspect it's mostly the tire noise drowning out the mic. These are some seriously noisy tires, but I did get them in used condition which may be contributing to the noise.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I wish somehow I could figure out how to turn down the volume of the phone call ringer. Seems that there isn't a dedicated setting either on the radio or on an iPhone when the two are paired.

Other than that, phone calls have decent clarity, so I've been told :like:

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
I had good luck with my demo unit which had the hardtop headliner. My final unit did not have this and the road noise is significant at 70+ which people can hear and have commented on. I am waiting on Hotheads headliners with the noise assassin strips to come in to get back to a normal level that people will notice less. Interestingly enough, if I use my Jabra earpiece I am told it is much better, so it may be the mike somewhat as well.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I wish somehow I could figure out how to turn down the volume of the phone call ringer. Seems that there isn't a dedicated setting either on the radio or on an iPhone when the two are paired.

Other than that, phone calls have decent clarity, so I've been told :like:
I thought you could adjust the ringer volume either by using the phone volume buttons or the radio volume button or a combination of both. I forgot exactly how the volume controls are setup on iPhone as I prefer android, but ft the iPhone has separate ringer volume controls adjust that while connected to BT.
Sponsored