Sponsored

Found a Rubicon nearly identical to my order...headed to buy it NOW!

OP
OP
WakesurfVT

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Coming from someone that's never owned a REAL Jeep (I mean, the SRT is a Jeep but not what we're all talking about here)...I can honestly say, I LOVE this frickin' rig! I expected it to be loud, rough handling, swaying over 70 mph, a huge box on wheels just waiting for a gust of wind to take me sailing. It's NONE of those things! It handles great, I set the ACC at 74 once I hit the highway and it was smooth sailing! My tires are at 41-42 PSI plus these are actually the Falken M/T tires and still rolled smooth. The 36 miles from the highway exit at Montpelier to St. Johnsbury is VERY rough and was under construction, so the drive out there wasn't as fun as the drive back (the SRT HATES rough roads and potholes!). The stereo on this thing is amazing...I had the 19-speaker Harmon Kardon setup in my SRT and I actually like this one better since you're in a more closed environment. I took off the freedom panels on my ride into work and the sun beating down on my head was glorious. I think I'm going to take it home at lunch and see about removing the top.

*My sincerest apologies to all those that are stuck waiting...I couldn't stand to watch this summer go by knowing these things were sitting on some dealers' lots and guys were just walking in off the street buying them while our dreams of cruising freedom-panelless on the 4th of July were getting crushed. Hopefully they can figure the order & build process and get yours delivered ASAP.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Coming from someone that's never owned a REAL Jeep (I mean, the SRT is a Jeep but not what we're all talking about here)...I can honestly say, I LOVE this frickin' rig! I expected it to be loud, rough handling, swaying over 70 mph, a huge box on wheels just waiting for a gust of wind to take me sailing. It's NONE of those things! It handles great, I set the ACC at 74 once I hit the highway and it was smooth sailing! My tires are at 41-42 PSI plus these are actually the Falken M/T tires and still rolled smooth. The 36 miles from the highway exit at Montpelier to St. Johnsbury is VERY rough and was under construction, so the drive out there wasn't as fun as the drive back (the SRT HATES rough roads and potholes!). The stereo on this thing is amazing...I had the 19-speaker Harmon Kardon setup in my SRT and I actually like this one better since you're in a more closed environment. I took off the freedom panels on my ride into work and the sun beating down on my head was glorious. I think I'm going to take it home at lunch and see about removing the top.

*My sincerest apologies to all those that are stuck waiting...I couldn't stand to watch this summer go by knowing these things were sitting on some dealers' lots and guys were just walking in off the street buying them while our dreams of cruising freedom-panelless on the 4th of July were getting crushed. Hopefully they can figure the order & build process and get yours delivered ASAP.
What year SRT did you trade in?

Sponsored

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, very similar story here! I was in the process of ordering one when magically one popped up nearby, with almost the exact specs I wanted so BOOM! Snatched that bad boy up! Congrats on your find!

OP
OP
WakesurfVT

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
Had the Gladiator in the shop the past 48 hours getting paint correction and ceramic coating by www.thecorrectioncollection.com and it was worth every penny! Crazy to see the types of blemishes coming out of the factory (along with small scratches picked up during the transport process). None of these blemishes could be detected by the human eye...at least not mine and I thought the paint was in decent shape right out the box! After a fresh wash prior to the ceramic coating, the paint felt tacky...not necessarily rough but more like you hear touching the skin of a shark would be...smooth, but a rubbery-rough feel at the same time. After the paint correction and ceramic coating, it feels like you're touching a wet bar of soap! We're supposed to see 1-2" of rain today so it will be interesting to check out the hydrophobics properties. The paint depth and consistency all looks very even (lots of factory swirls that he was able to remove along with a discolored spot on the driver's door shown in the picture below) and time will tell whether or not it stands up to the elements!

For those wondering, my guy uses Feynlab products and this is the service I selected for $600 (there was a $800 and $1000 package as well, but this is his most common): Ceramic + Ceramic Lite (the industry standard level of ceramic, 3 year warranty, dense hardness and gloss, then a layer of Ceramic Lite, a one year ceramic coating in itself is add on top for more protection, more gloss and high levels of hydrophobics and slickness.)

First 2 pics are areas he corrected...

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

ceramic coat.jpeg

IMG_4894.JPG
Sponsored