Front Bumper Replacement

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I understand that the steel bumper option is not available for current orders. Instead of waiting, I am considering getting the standard bumper and then upgrading to an aftermarket bumper. My concern is whether or not the factory bumpers contain any sensors (parking, cruise, etc.) that would make it difficult and/or expensive to install in the aftermarket bumper. Thanks in advance for a response.
As far as I am aware a lot of those sensors are in the big block the rear view mirror is connected to.

It would take ages to find the thread posting about that but I remember reading it.

Take this with a grain of salt though as I am not entirely sure.
Sponsored

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
Thanks. I ordered my Rubicon yesterday with Steve at Mac Haik Georgetown. He confirmed the same - no sensors in the front bumper. Now to decide with aftermarket bumper to get...

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
As far as I am aware a lot of those sensors are in the big block the rear view mirror is connected to.

It would take ages to find the thread posting about that but I remember reading it.

Take this with a grain of salt though as I am not entirely sure.
Correct Sir, and rear is in taillight housings

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any suggestions for a full width aftermarket bumper for the Gladiator? I was interested in the Westin WJ2 which showed as compatible with the Gladiator on the Quadratec website. I checked directly with Westin who says it is not compatible with Gladiator.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Local outfitters added front bumper, winch, and 35”s to an overland.

F83F0BBD-7970-4B91-9D11-882D392ABD01.jpeg

53FF103D-13B2-4B12-AAFE-FC34967C8039.jpeg

Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a full width aftermarket bumper for the Gladiator? I was interested in the Westin WJ2 which showed as compatible with the Gladiator on the Quadratec website. I checked directly with Westin who says it is not compatible with Gladiator.
RockHard 4X4, L. O. D., Poison Spyder, Evo,FabFours, Expedition 1,

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Larry, what is the name of the shop you referenced?

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RockHard 4X4, L. O. D., Poison Spyder, Evo,FabFours, Expedition 1,
Are these bumpers specific to the Gladiator or are they the same for the Wrangler JL? I assumed the front ends would be the same, but Westin was clear their JL bumper would not work for the Gladiator.

pcwilson

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL and Gladiator
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
Has anyone who has the front trail cam added an aftermarket bumper with a bull bar? What affect did it have on trailcam picture? Pics of both bumper and cam view would be very helpful.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Has anyone who has the front trail cam added an aftermarket bumper with a bull bar? What affect did it have on trailcam picture? Pics of both bumper and cam view would be very helpful.
Attn: LE buyers

Please reply about this once you have added a bull bar to your new rides. I got a feeling that you will be one of the rare few people getting the front cameras for a while. And hey post pictures of your bull bars while you are at it.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m waiting for the AEV front bumper. New boron steel product will be over 20lbs lighter and AEV really does a great job integrating functionality with good design.

View attachment 16847

646592EB-7153-4A08-8785-82E3DA358F17.jpeg

B118DEAC-344D-4449-BF61-604DA0B4828E.jpeg

D4044300-2B00-49D1-9D88-D8FEA705947C.jpeg

When ordering my Gladiator, I’d thought about the Mopar Steel Bumper option ($695)...but I also had to order LED Light option too ($995)! Almost $1,700 to get a bumper I was “ok” with...and LED lights that I feel are way overpriced. Plus I already have rear LED taillights (cones with Tow Pkg).

Ordering the Mopar Steel Bumper separately via Dealer Parts Dept is $995.

Who at Jeep thought packaging the steel bumper with LED headlights was a good idea? Probably the same person that jacked up the same steel bumper price $300 via Jeep Parts Dept.

And the steel bumper has no grille protection! Not to mention the steel bumper risks delaying my Gladiator order...

For a bit more, with AEV, I’ll get a bumper that’s lighter, better designed, with removable ends, AND grille protection.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey 2020 SCRAMBLER those AEV bumpers and grill guards look great. However I think they will block the view from the Gladiators front camera. Everything else about them looks great.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey 2020 SCRAMBLER those AEV bumpers and grill guards look great. However I think they will block the view from the Gladiators front camera. Everything else about them looks great.
@Jake:

1) The trail camera is optional and not standard. And I didn’t add the front camera to my Rubicon. I’ll make do with spotters, folded windshields, and no doors for trail visibility... ;)

2) Also, look closely at the center of the brush guard at the AEV logo. It’s attached with 2 screws. Why would that logo be exactly there (in same location as the trail camera) with a removable cover plate? And AEV states the brush guard hoop is shaped like a “U” to hide wiring. My guess is AEV has planned for the front trail camera to be swapped into their bumper. :)

russross

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Who at Jeep thought packaging the steel bumper with LED headlights was a good idea? Probably the same person that jacked up the same steel bumper price $300 via Jeep Parts Dept.
I'm guessing that the LED package is a popular option, probably more popular than the steel bumper. The bumper has integrated lights, so it probably simplified their packaging to only offer an LED version. As for the price difference, remember that when you order the steel bumper as part of your build you are swapping it for the standard bumper, but if you order it through the parts department you are getting both bumpers, so it makes sense that it costs more.

All of these costs are high, and its frustrating when you can't get exactly what you want (I would like to get adaptive cruise control without having to add 8.4" radio, premium audio, and blind spot monitoring--an $800 option becomes a $3400 option), but there is usually a method to the madness.