MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Hey, Guys!

I recently had my new (just delivered) 2021 JTDR totally built by my Jeep dealer (to the max!), but now with my front mounted 12k Warn winch on the stock Rubicon factory front steel modular bumper, there appears to be no convenient place to (conveniently/easily) mount a license plate rugged frame holder. (My state requires front plates.) I'm wondering if anyone has found a nice metal rugged (not cheap and flimsy!) frame/bracket arrangement that could be mounted on the front bumper, perhaps by using the front bolts of the left or right removable wings? I assume some sort of custom license plate frame of this ilk (e.g., probably made of aluminum stock and heliarc welded, or steel stock, etc.) would easily cost a ton of $'s, and I have no problem with that. I just can't find any such existing animal, at any price, so I'm just about to go to a custom fab/welding shop, and have such a device designed, fabricated, welded together, and built (probably painted black). Anyone have any idea about an existing product?

Thanks!
Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
check out maximus-3 stealth mount. I've had them on my JL and now my JT and LOVE it.
Jeep Gladiator Front License Plate Holder 4019038B-FFE0-46BB-AA5B-9A69FA2B44B3_1_105_c

OP
OP

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I have both wings mounted, and don't want to remove them (need to be in place in my state to be legal). Also, I had a similar arrrangement on my 2020 Shelby Ford Baja Raptor truck, and the plate was downtilted, albeit not as much as yours. I got pulled over and warned that it was "...not readily readable..." I'm looking to remove a few of the bolts that hold the wings on, and use them to then mount my plate frame.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe someone can find the whole thread on plate mounts. There's some GREAT info in that other thread that I'm sure would be helpful to the OP here. It's a problem I've looked into and took several ideas from that other thread - can't find it now, though and my wife says LUNCH! so gotta run for now.
But if someone finds that other thread - it's full of great ideas and pictures!

Sponsored

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Rough Country makes a hawse mount that I use. I just take the plate off when I go off-road. If you zoom in on the pic you can see it.

DBF18B70-4C8D-4F78-8C9E-58D73F1DC921.jpeg

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
I used a Cascadia 4 X 4 Flipster on my LJ, and just put one on my JT. Not cheep, but holds up nicely! (See post #79, page 6, in The Definitive Front Bumper thread) Available through Northridge 4x4.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler