First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Go do some real tight turns and corners, you're going to know if your front is locked, you'll feel it.
Just zig zagged up the alley and the front bucked and jerked the whole way. I’d say it’s engaged. I just don’t have a light to say it is.
Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
C'mon, someone a lot less lazy than me confirm or disprove this already, lol.

My suspicion is that this is just the BDL doing its thing. With locked rear, you would basically need both back tires and one front to have no traction to stop motion, and even then, BDL may just overcome that.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I don't think it is possible to lock the front axle in 4H. Just my opinion.
With the Tazer, yes. Front and rear can be locked at any speed.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
BDL...

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Black ice and Jeep's

Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Black ice and Jeep's
Hey, thanks for melting all the black ice so I could get to work, Bubba. You need to move to Oklahoma to learn now to drive on black ice...it ain't easy, but it is doable with practice and patience.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
With the Tazer, yes. Front and rear can be locked at any speed.
Sorry yea you are right. I should have said from the factory you cannot magic your way to 4H all locked. Tazer is different.

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I don't believe your front axle is locked, even your display says it is unlocked. Just because you can get all four tires to spin on a slippery surface proves nothing. I can do that in 4H and unlocked.

Lift one front tire off the ground and tell me if the one on the ground engages.

KevinC
Sounds dangerous. If I have the front corner lifted and the other 3 tires engage, won’t it hop off the Jack? I was born at night but it wasn’t last night! I sense a Darwin Award waiting for me.

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Black ice and Jeep's
So, because the lockers thing is fairly new to me, well this is my first vehicle with them and my last 2017 Tacoma Sport didn’t have them, what would BDL look like? At what point if all 4 tires are digging in, pulling and pushing, would someone with way more experienced knowledge than me say, “that’s BDL happening right thar and not lockers”. ??

My knowledge of 4H in my last truck is that I usually only ever had one tire upfront and the opposite tire in the back spinning and traction would switch side to side in a slip situation. That’s what I’m used to.

So when I engaged normal 4H in my this truck now (short of actually seeing what’s happening) I assumed one up front and the opposite one in the back is doing the driving and slippage and traction is jumping around side to side as per normal.

So now, in 4H when I engaged the rear + front locker with the cheats (original post) and all 4 tires are witnessed to chew up the alley and the front bucks and jerks to say it’s engaged, …the answer here is it’s impossible, it’s BDL. Is the video on black ice showing BDL or both lockers engaged?

Let’s make this simple, take out the dash display that shows the front locker isn’t engaged. Take out the other little dash lights that would say that and just consider standing outside the truck seeing all the tires spin like in the video. How can one know with absolute certainty the difference between BDL and full lockers?

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Hey, thanks for melting all the black ice so I could get to work, Bubba. You need to move to Oklahoma to learn now to drive on black ice...it ain't easy, but it is doable with practice and patience.
Looked like the biggest problem there was too much air in the tires aggravated by too much throttle once it got bite.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
So, because the lockers thing is fairly new to me, well this is my first vehicle with them and my last 2017 Tacoma Sport didn’t have them, what would BDL look like? At what point if all 4 tires are digging in, pulling and pushing, would someone with way more experienced knowledge than me say, “that’s BDL happening right thar and not lockers”. ??

My knowledge of 4H in my last truck is that I usually only ever had one tire upfront and the opposite tire in the back spinning and traction would switch side to side in a slip situation. That’s what I’m used to.

So when I engaged normal 4H in my this truck now (short of actually seeing what’s happening) I assumed one up front and the opposite one in the back is doing the driving and slippage and traction is jumping around side to side as per normal.

So now, in 4H when I engaged the rear + front locker with the cheats (original post) and all 4 tires are witnessed to chew up the alley and the front bucks and jerks to say it’s engaged, …the answer here is it’s impossible, it’s BDL. Is the video on black ice showing BDL or both lockers engaged?

Let’s make this simple, take out the dash display that shows the front locker isn’t engaged. Take out the other little dash lights that would say that and just consider standing outside the truck seeing all the tires spin like in the video. How can one know with absolute certainty the difference between BDL and full lockers?
What happens in 4H with just the rear locker engaged, with off-road+ turned on and traction control off? Sorry if I missed it, but I can't tell if you tried rear locker only in offroad+.

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
What happens in 4H with just the rear locker engaged, with off-road+ turned on and traction control off? Sorry if I missed it, but I can't tell if you tried rear locker only in offroad+.
Didn’t try that one. I will though a bit later this morning

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Sounds dangerous. If I have the front corner lifted and the other 3 tires engage, won’t it hop off the Jack? I was born at night but it wasn’t last night! I sense a Darwin Award waiting for me.
Leave the swaybar connected and go find somewhere that will articulate the front enough to lift one tire off the ground. Or do it the simple way. Go get yourself stuck in 2wd. Then see what the front tires do when you put it on 4H.
Darwin doesn't come around Jeeps, he already knows we are a crazy bunch.

KevinC

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba